AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Red Sox VS Red Birds

Go down 
+3
blondie
Ez
Derek
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Well, I'm fairly depressed now. See ya tomorrow night, folks.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Sorry JJ.hug4 

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Aw, it's ok. I don't know if it was nerves or what but those errors were inexcusable. Gotta do better than that.

and really...what is with David Ortiz hitting homers after errors? lol....way to take advantage of a situation, that's what wins games.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm just glad Holiday got us one run. tongue 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 am

I think the young'ens on the card s were a litlle jittery last night. I imagine tonight will be a better game from them.

Lester was a force nobody was gonna hit him last night, he was in a zone!!! papi looks to be locked in , and napoli is still warm. drew, well it's a good thing he plays good defense tongue 

JJ- when you see the play, he was definitely safe Kozma never had the ball in his glove.

I have been watching baseball for more than 40 damn years, and have never ever seen a play like that reversed though, I was stunnned when they put Pedey back on the bag
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:31 am

I really hope beltran is able to come back and play, he deserves his shot at the ring and it would be a shame, right up there James Edward Rice breaking his hand before the playoffs in "75, if he can't play anymore this season..

That wall out in right is a bitch. It has injured alot of players, but no way they raise it up, as long as Papi is playing anyway
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 am

Maybe now they won't try to rob his Grand Slams!tongue 

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 am

Ez wrote:
Maybe now they won't try to rob his Grand Slams!tongue 
I really thought he was gonna get that too, if it was summer, that ball would have been out, hard to hit one when it's effin freezing out.

Good game last night, hopin for another lackey start like the last one, he may need to be his best with Wacha wacha wacha pitching tonight I have a feeling the runs may a little harder to come by. base3 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:22 am

Probably, but Wacha hasn't ever pitched at Fenway, so maybe it's quirks will get to him

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am

Not a lot shakes wacha.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:08 am

I think the cards will be much better prepared for a world series game, they settled down a little after the first two innings, they are young and I think that the spotlight is a little brighter, especially when you come into Fenway, with that Monster staring you in the face.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:52 pm

have you guys seen the shit about that minor league cards pitcher complaining about Lester cheating? said there was some 'stuff' in his glove..the screen shots he used in his claim are pretty lame...the guy sounds immature as hell..after losing, who goes on a social media network to claim the other team was cheating when you aren't even on the team...some of the vet's on the cards should school this kid or something...even Wainwright *ms* said Lester wasn't cheating and that the team jus didnt play well and thats why they lost....

cant wait to watch game 2...love the athleticism on both sides...really hope beltran can come back and play..he's paid his dues and showed up a million times for other teams and deserves his world series play...
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Well, the kid posted the video...the media blew it up.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Yea, Lester wasn't cheating, you got beat, get over it. Also, I am getting paid to watch the game tonight, which is just awesome!!

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 pm

yeah they ate it up too...

i jus hate when people throw around the "you cheated" thing.....it reminds me of when i was a kid playing whiffle ball in the back yard and someone whining "you jus cheated, you cant do thatttt" when they dont get their way
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Yea, the take your ball and go home guy, he always sucked.36

Last edited by Ez on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:07 pm

lol...i hated that kid...or the one that went and told his mom or dad even..

i did have a kid cheat against me once and it pissed me off..i didnt fuss over it but i was agitated cuz no one said anything....we had two trees that marked where the "wall" was..anything that landed on the other side of the trees was a home run..i hit one way past the tree line and was about to do my home run trot but this outfielder ran way past the line and caught it..they called me out..i was like wtf!? i hit it over the homer mark..how are you catching balls past the "fence"...dick~! lol.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 pm

lol, I never hit for power, I was more of a linedrive hitter.

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 pm

yea me too..all through little league senior league and highschool i was just a line drive hitter...even playing softball the past 3 years that is all i would do..nice simple drives up the middle or in the gap..everyone else was trying to kill it
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Just wanted to say how awesome it is for you guys to support Beltran, he definitely deserves this shot and I'm so glad he's in the lineup. I would probably be in tears if he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

ive always liked him..and im glad to see him back in the line up...looks like he's wearing something under his uniform..maybe some brace or padding or somethin....
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Yea, he's a class act

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Derek wrote:
yea me too..all through little league senior league and highschool i was just a line drive hitter...even playing softball the past 3 years that is all i would do..nice simple drives up the middle or in the gap..everyone else was trying to kill it

I am fast, so I always just tried to get on base

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Derek wrote:
ive always liked him..and im glad to see him back in the line up...looks like he's wearing something under his uniform..maybe some brace or padding or somethin....
I can't see! cry 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm

This is what I expected Game 1 to look like

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 pm

pft! Not me. I had the Cards losing on our board at work. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

lol

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 pm

JJ wrote:
Derek wrote:
I can't see! cry 
lol2 
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Ez wrote:
Derek wrote:

I am fast, so I always just tried to get on base
yeah thats a problem for me..im not so fast...was able to get quite a few doubles though...in softball i got a shit ton of singles and then i'd get one of our 18 year old speedy dudes to pinch run each time lol...my team's main weapon was speed..except for me ha
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:02 pm

I guess I'll go out on a limb and say that Papi will be named MVP of the series if the sox pull this off
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:05 pm

He is so Clutch!!

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:29 pm

And then the wheels came off for the sox
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Alot of baseball left to play

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 pm

looked like the cubs throwin the ball in random places of the field lol
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Games like these can be decided on something small like that, they're all getting anxious up there
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Yea they can, really needed a better at bat from Napoli there

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Good game JJ, we have a Series now!!

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Glad to be coming home.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 am

Crazy game.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:16 am

i hate games that end all funny like that...lol...what a frustrating way to lose....whens the redsox gonna stop throwing to third..its obviously not working for them ha....sorry EZ...i keep tellin everyone that i know that says the sox have this easily that the cards are pesky and nothing to take lightly...good series so far tho .....go cubs!
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 am

Defense has been shakey for both teams . I hate those interference calls, they're so frustrating, you may as well say shit happens 32 
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 am

He clearly would have been safe at home had he not tripped. I hope he's ok, he just came off the dl.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:42 pm

It was completely incidental, shitty way to end a world series game, umps need to stay out of it and let them play. Sox WILL tie it up tonight!!

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:04 pm

But it was the right call. Just like the one with kozma in game 1. I mean, yeah it sucked that it was the call that ended the game but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:06 pm

No obstruction can only occur if the ball is not in that area, it was, Middlebrooks just missed it, Horrible call, I would say the same thing if it had happened to the Cards, one of the worst calls in World Series history!

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:16 pm

He called it immediately though...
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Rule 2.00 cites obstruction as “the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the progress of any runner.” It further explains, “After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the 'act of fielding' the ball. For example: an infielder dives at a ground ball and the ball passes him and he continues to lie on the ground and delays the progress of the runner, he very likely has obstructed the runner.”

Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

but all that aside anyway....can't you see by how close Craig getting home and the throw home was after all of that, that if he hadn't tripped he would have been safe and game over anyway...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 pm

I understand that he would have scored had he not tripped, that's not up for dispute, my complaint is it wasn't obstruction, so it shouldn't have been called, Middlebrooks fell diving for the ball, then Craig fell on him, it was incidental, not obstruction, that is my only complaint.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Doesn't the runner have some responsibility to step over an infielder who has dived TOWARD 2ND BASE? Middlebrooks wasn't in 3rd base line.

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Sox VS Red Birds
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: