AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Walking Dead - Page 13 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 13 Empty 
gin (20877)
The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 13 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+8
iwantmycrayons
desi
Derek
gin
JJ
Ez
Avalon
Iggy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Iggy

Iggy

The Walking Dead - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:06 am

JJ wrote:
My fella is 8 years older than me, so I guess that stuff doesn't bother me.

8 years is nothing in RL.  

I am trying to explain why those scenarios would creep me out, on the show, but I am finding it difficult to articulate.    

So, I won't. :)  

We will know, soon enough what direction the show goes.  :)

How is your back feeling, JJ?

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 am

I don't know if Daryl will get romantic with anyone.

...Michonne and Rick on the other hand, that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:37 am

Norman Reedus,  has often said, he thinks Daryl is a virgin, he has also said, he resists, Daryl hooking up with  anyone. And if it were to happen, it would awkward.   Maybe later in the season, or future seasons.   lol.  

Rick and Michonne, I think they would be good for each other, so yeah, I hope so.

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

JJ wrote:
Like what?

I think they let him down in terms of character development. I mean, going after money ? Really ? The stacks of cash are not worth the match it takes to burn it. Daryl is smart enough and enough of a survivior to know this. And give him an interesting occupation, rather that he was just following Meryl around.

As for the hookup, it should be Michonne. There seemed to be real chemistry between them. Embarassed

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:52 am

no more sex on the show, they already have 1 baybee, keep this up and they will all be carrying around bags full of pampers and formula. hows daryl gonna wield his crossbow when he's feedin a baybee

less baybees , more killing.  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 am

More looting too. I would love to get to all the stuff thet, for some reason they aren't. I mean Boats, outdoor supply stores, car dealerships.....

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 am

Avalon wrote:
More looting too. I would love to get to all the stuff thet, for some reason they aren't. I mean Boats, outdoor supply stores, car dealerships.....
I know, there are so many places they could be gettings tuff that is useful.

they could be running around in armored vehicles, with turretts and shit, instead they run around in the damn woods with crossbows and swords like it the damn 1500's
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:49 am

[quote="iwantmycrayons"]
Avalon wrote:

they could be running around in armored vehicles, with turretts and shit, instead they run around in the damn woods with crossbows and swords like it the damn 1500's[/quote

Yeah, stay away from areas that you don't have long views and clear lines of sight. As far as fortifications, all you need is a two storey building, and stay upstairs , after blocking the stairway. That or impound lots, gated communities, ships. You could set up walls using shipping containers.

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:56 am

Avalon wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Avalon wrote:

they could be running around in armored vehicles, with turretts and shit, instead they run around in the damn woods with crossbows and swords like it the damn 1500's[/quote

Yeah, stay away from areas that you don't have long views and clear lines of sight. As far as fortifications, all you need is a two storey building, and stay upstairs , after blocking the stairway. That or impound lots, gated communities, ships. You could set up walls using shipping containers.
I would have had an impenetrable fortress built in no time, with ammo, food water and fuekl to last 10 lifetimes, you could start at a fuel depot, they already have fences, and with some work would be a perfect place, most are by the water( food and water source, also escape route if necessary) you would have buildings there that could be converted to housing, most likely some room for farming.

Then all you have to do is get a couple of armored vehicles, or vehicles that could armored themselves, for recon runs to the big city for supplies.

within a month i could have a place set up that would take an army of well armed militia to overtake.

the only real problem would be the stink of corpses from all the zombies piled up at the gates.

but a good payloader, and dumping ground downstream from form the water supply and you're set./  tongue 

I guess i should maybe spend some time on something more important than how to survive a zombie apocalypse  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:04 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Avalon wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Avalon wrote:

I would have had an impenetrable fortress built in no time, with ammo, food water and fuekl to last 10 lifetimes, you could start at a fuel depot, they already have fences, and with some work would be a perfect place, most are by the water( food and water source, also escape route if necessary) you would have buildings there that could be converted to housing, most likely some room  for farming.

Then all you have to do is get a couple of armored vehicles, or vehicles that could armored themselves, for recon runs to the big city for supplies.

within a month i could have a place set up that would take an army of well armed militia to overtake.

the only real problem would be the stink of corpses from all the zombies piled up at the gates.

but a good payloader, and dumping ground downstream from form the water supply and you're set./  tongue 

I  guess i should maybe spend some time on something more important than how to survive a zombie apocalypse  Very Happy 

Yeah, an industrial park would be the spot too. I was thinking of an industrial snowblower with the shear pins welded for zombie control  lol4 

As for housing, just roll in campers or rv's . I am thinking Alexandriamust be a similar sort of setup.

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:06 am

I'm tellin ya, we would be livin large in Zombieland.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 am

Wanna hit a few golf balls ? sml 

I need an eye patch smilie  cool 

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Avalon wrote:
ya there were a few holes.
I didn't like that he was such a "loser" in the before life. he could have had a better story.
also - they looted the hell out of that car - hubcaps and bottles and broken glass - but they left the golf club with nothing?? I'd be looking for clothes and underwear, matches, water...anything!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Iggy wrote:
JJ wrote:
My fella is 8 years older than me, so I guess that stuff doesn't bother me.

8 years is nothing in RL.  

I am trying to explain why those scenarios would creep me out, on the show, but I am finding it difficult to articulate.    

So, I won't. :)  

We will know, soon enough what direction the show goes.  :)

How is your back feeling, JJ?
Daryl and Beth getting together creeps me out... I don't think it would be "cute" at all
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Why? She's an adult. I guess I don't get it.

Also, Daryl taking the money and what not was just him reverting back to his old self...the whole episode was about both Beth and Daryl getting over their pasts and putting it behind them.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 pm

yea the money thing was more symbolic ...its something he never had a lot of..he wasnt comfortable with the country club atmosphere cuz he's never lived that life like the dead people there...he took the money cuz it meant something to him even tho it is useless now...but then him using it to burn down a negative past memory was symbolic of him moving on from it and moving on from being the 'poor broke follower' and onto the the needed leader...
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 am

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:50 pm

4 more eppies. I hope they all meet up before that.

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 am

cant believe were down to the final four and then we gotta wait another quarter century to see what happens next season lol...i expect these last ones to step it up a bit...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Daryl running after Beth - my heart broke  wah

also - while i hated the idea of Daryl and Beth last week - i may have accepted it after this week.

So - is Daryl going to go "bad" or is he acting the part in order to find Beth?
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Is that the group of bad dudes that were in the house when Rick was in there?

My heart was breaking. : (
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 pm

i donoo...they didnt really show if they were bad or good ...they came off as bad but you never know..they might be from Terminus ...same group that Beth got taken by?

i thought Daryl was in some serious trouble in that house lol...
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 pm

I think he is pretending, so he can rescue Beth.

He is probably kicking himself, for letting his guard down, he had concerns when they first got there. He let them slide, because Beth believes their are good people.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:50 pm

that's true Iggy. i was surprised he didnt even check to see who was at the door first... the warmth from Beth put his guard down.

I think those are the dudes from Rick's house yes. I dont think they are good - they may have been at one time - but not anymore
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:08 am

gin wrote:
that's true Iggy. i was surprised he didnt even check to see who was at the door first... the warmth from Beth put his guard down.

I think those are the dudes from Rick's house yes. I dont think they are good - they may have been at one time - but not anymore

Yeah--if it's the same group as the dudes at Rick's house, they're definitely not good...They talked about which one of them would "get the girl" first.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 am

The name Terminus.....Railway terminal, Airport Terminal ? Large fenced area with a large main building ?

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 am

I don't trust that group Daryl is with at all, I hope he is just trying to buy time until the cavalry can show up.

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am

Ez wrote:
I don't trust that group Daryl is with at all, I hope he is just trying to buy time until the cavalry can show up.

The group reminded me of meeting Mr. Friendly for the first time on the raft from Lost

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:14 am

Yea, except I trusted them more

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 am

Are these ' the Hunters ' ?

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:23 am

I don't know who they are, they aren't in the comic

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 am

Hopefully a group from Terminus

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:38 am

theyre prolly a part of the group that stole beth...theyre gonna think daryl (being dirty and rugged/hardcore looking) will be a nice addition to their team..so theyll bring him in..and he'll play them for the time being..and then realize they are holding beth when they take him back to their camp...and daryl will figure out a way to save her and escape...and end up heading to Terminus to finally re-unite with some of the group...with the 'bad group' hot on their heels...dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ...finale is a show down between the groups...

the end. see ya next season.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am

Terminus is the official name for sanctuary on The Walking Dead TV series. In the real world, Terminus means “end of a transportation line or travel route.”

Terminus was also the original name of Atlanta, Georgia. The area that eventually became Atlanta was called Terminus because it’s where all the railroads that were being built were going to end.

Oddly enough, Terminus was also the name of a 2011 sci-fi movie about a journey through post-apocalyptic Atlanta. One of the stars of Terminus was none other than Chandler Riggs, who plays Carl Grimes on The Walking Dead.

In Roman religion, Terminus was the god who protected boundary markers; his name was the Latin word for such a marker. Sacrifices were performed to sanctify each boundary stone, and landowners celebrated a festival called the "Terminalia" in Terminus' honor each year on February 23.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:16 am

Yea, terminus is something else that is different in the show, it's not in the comic either.

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 am

Fucking Lost. I mean Walking Dead  36 

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 am

gin wrote:
Terminus is the official name for sanctuary on The Walking Dead TV series. In the real world, Terminus means “end of a transportation line or travel route.”

Terminus was also the original name of Atlanta, Georgia. The area that eventually became Atlanta was called Terminus because it’s where all the railroads that were being built were going to end.

Oddly enough, Terminus was also the name of a 2011 sci-fi movie about a journey through post-apocalyptic Atlanta. One of the stars of Terminus was none other than Chandler Riggs, who plays Carl Grimes on The Walking Dead.

In Roman religion, Terminus was the god who protected boundary markers; his name was the Latin word for such a marker. Sacrifices were performed to sanctify each boundary stone, and landowners celebrated a festival called the "Terminalia" in Terminus' honor each year on February 23.

interesting..thanks for the tid bit...i think they should head East to Ex-Terminus.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Can we stop having 2 million threads on the same topic? lol.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Very interesting take,
Spoiler:

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 pm

The guy from the road, said to Daryl, Why die, when you can hurt other people. Not a nice man.

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 pm

JJ wrote:
Can we stop having 2 million threads on the same topic? lol.

lol2

i just stick to this one  woooo
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 am

i think we need maybe 2 more walking dead threads per episode...im gonna make a new one at each commercial break next week k?

anyone watch the Talking Dead too? i love that show just as much...Carol is on next week...wonder if she dies saving the chilluns?

the previews looked mad creepy!!!.....whos the little girl and why the fuck is she play8ing with a walker!? ahh
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 am

Derek wrote:
i think we need maybe 2 more walking dead threads per episode...im gonna make a new one at each commercial break next week k?

anyone watch the Talking Dead too?   i love that show just as much...Carol is on next week...wonder if she dies saving the chilluns?  

the previews looked mad creepy!!!.....whos the little girl and why the fuck is she play8ing with a walker!?  ahh
make a couple of talking dead threads too, that way all the info can be spread out as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:14 pm

after re-watching the walking dead..the group that gathers around daryl IS the group from the house with rick..i recognized one of the guys is the one that got sleeper held by the other guy fighting for the bed..remember he saw rick under the bed while he was being choked out? that guy was in the group messing with daryl..
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Yea, they are the same group, I just don't know who they are,
Spoiler:
, but I could be wrong.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:57 pm

The guys name is Joe,  the one who met Daryl on the road.  He was also the guy, who was sitting on the porch rail, when Rick was trying to escape the house, and that group.

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 am

I am betting that as they come upon Rick / Michonne to kill them, they will not realize Daryl will have other loyalties  55 

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next