AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWalking Dead - Season 8 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 Empty 
gin (20877)
Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Walking Dead - Season 8

Go down 
+6
His Royal Dorkness
davidalan
Big John
vonnegut
gin
Rob
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob

Rob

Walking Dead - Season 8 Empty
PostSubject: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:25 am

Has sucked monkey balls.  It's horrid.  The junkyard people are just so stupid.  I'm on the verge of not watching anymore at all.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm

It is absolutely dreadful.
I'm not sure how the garbage people forgot how to speak proper sentences ... the world has only moved on for like... 3 years.

Apparently something big happened last episode though otherwise I'm just about done with it for this season too.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 11:35 am

The new episode was perfect. So much overdone drama, so much sepia-toned flash-fantasy-forward, with cheerful Farmer Negan and everything.

And we got an awesome final "CORAL" out of Rick.
Seriously it's like the more dramatic the show tries to be, the funnier it is. After the first "Coral" my husband and I were already laughing a little, and he's like "I wonder if he'll say it again." Then he said it again, even better, and we totally cracked up.
Giggling through major character death is probably a sign that the show has crossed that fine line between the sublime and the ridiculous.

I don't care though, I'm just sticking around to watch Daryl, Carol, and Negan kill things/people.

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 1:53 pm

This show loves to glorify itself. I'm surprised they didn't spend a six episode story arc focused entirely on Coral's final dying moments.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm surprised Carl wasn't hiding and dying in the Enid tree. There he could hallucinate how close he came to having an actual girlfriend and how often his parents misplaced him and had to shout Where's Carl because of course they kept a good eye (too soon?) on him. Meanwhile the show itself is a rotted zombie corpse that can't even crawl to The Barn or to Terminus or The Prison or to That Campground Outside of Atlanta where Glenn drove in as happy as a guy who could use that car for something more cosmic than delivering pizzas. This show has long since not only jumped the shark but the zombie shark. But there's not even shark to jump over. There's only chum.
tv Embarassed
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 pm

davidalan wrote:
I'm surprised Carl wasn't hiding and dying in the Enid tree. There he could hallucinate how close he came to having an actual girlfriend and how often his parents misplaced him and had to shout Where's Carl because of course they kept a good eye (too soon?) on him. Meanwhile the show itself is a rotted zombie corpse that can't even crawl to The Barn or to Terminus or The Prison or to That Campground Outside of Atlanta where Glenn drove in as happy as a guy who could use that car for something more cosmic than delivering pizzas. This show has long since not only jumped the shark but the zombie shark. But there's not even shark to jump over. There's only chum.
tv Embarassed

Enough complaining.

Walking Dead - Season 8 1ddnag10
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:40 pm

vonnegut wrote:

Enough complaining.

Walking Dead - Season 8 1ddnag10

Yes sir, Lucille. scared
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm

Watching this week's episode.

I like how they are putting the names before each segment, so I know when to zone out and when to pay attention.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

"You could have just let me save all of you. I mean, that's why I killed your friends in the first place."

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND NEGAN-HATERS.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh because he's boring.

not the show has been anything near stellar lately but negan merely sings and dances like a loud vulgar distracting trump doll.

when i was watching the show negan was who i fast-forwarded through. he's so absolutely dull.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, Negan's bravado seems phony. However, when he goes full on intense bad ass he's pretty fun to watch.

I wasn't crazy about the names before each segment. On its initial appearance, my very first thought was, this now? Is there any other hackneyed story telling device they haven't used yet? Maybe next the characters will find a camera where they each do confessionals... Wait, we sort of got some of that in Alexandria. Seriously, hack hack hack.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Cameras. Confessionals. Yes characters will pop in and say:

We should never have joined Alexandria.

I wish we aimed better when we were shooting at Negan.

I'm voting out this walker with my gun.

etc.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I will never understand your definition of boring.

For me, the trash people being gone is the best thing ever. So stupid and so boring.

Chick Colony is also boring, and I watched half the episode before realizing that I thought Tara and Enid were the same person, and I couldn't care less about either of them.

But I could watch an All-Negan show all day long.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 pm

And his face and reaction when Rick told him that Carl was dead? OMG.

"... Was it us?"

That convo was the only good part of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 am

Daryl to camera: "I thought we had a connection but when I made a play for her she shot me down. That's when it finally occurred to me. That hair, the army boots... I'm not her type at all."

Last edited by Big John on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Best part of this episode:

Creepy-ass Priest: "It's okay that we just got re-captured. All part of the God plan."
Doctor: *gets shot*
Creepy-ass Priest: "WAIT WHAT?"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 pm

That and Eugene's "fuck you, redheaded gold-digger, I ain't buyin what you're sellin, now get me some fuckin scrambled eggs" attitude. I died.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:55 pm

vonnegut wrote:

For me, the trash people being gone is the best thing ever.  So stupid and so boring.

Chick Colony is also boring, and I watched half the episode before realizing that I thought Tara and Enid were the same person, and I couldn't care less about either of them.

The only part of the trash people I ever liked was their introductory dance moved. Otherwise boring.

The Chick Colony I haven't seen since that first episode. That episode itself was merely adequate.

Negan to me is just Trump with better hair.

While I hate Negan the real problem is the substance of the show itself deteriorated. Where's the drama and importance in even fighting Negan? I mean really? Plus before I stopped watching the production values and story seemed weak. Meanwhile if you're going to have someone like Negan have him destroy all the habitats and send everyone on the road again. Far away from Negan's irritating self-importance.

Meanwhile, Carl's death will keep me away forever. Dumbest idea ever.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 pm

davidalan wrote:
vonnegut wrote:

For me, the trash people being gone is the best thing ever.  So stupid and so boring.

The only part of the trash people I ever liked was their introductory dance moved. Otherwise boring.

The Chick Colony I haven't seen since that first episode. That episode itself was merely adequate.

Negan to me is just Trump with better hair.

Pffffft.

Negan is intelligent and charismatic, and has the ability to lead and make people follow him. There's basically nothing in common.

Quote :

While I hate Negan the real problem is the substance of the show itself deteriorated. Where's the drama and importance in even fighting Negan? I mean really? Plus before I stopped watching the production values and story seemed weak. Meanwhile if you're going to have someone like Negan have him destroy all the habitats and send everyone on the road again. Far away from Negan's irritating self-importance.

Meanwhile, Carl's death will keep me away forever. Dumbest idea ever.

Well that's the whole point-- he wants to kill as little as possible, because he wants to have as many people as possible. So he isn't going to destroy all the habitats, even if Simon would like to.

You don't understand Negan at all.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:05 pm

To be fair, you don't seem to understand Trump at all. Trump has all the things you listed as characteristics of Negan except intelligence.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm

*doublechecks*

Nah, doesn't appear so.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:10 pm

I didn't say he's leading anything in any kind of positive direction mind you. The first lemming off a cliff is still the leader of its pack.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Trump's so stupid he wouldn't even allowed to run one of Negan's outposts.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 4:00 am

There's nothing that can save this show particularly if it's become the Negan comedy hour. I don't care who Negan does or doesn't want to kill because he's basically helped to kill the show and that's the biggest bat attack prize of all. But to be fair, the show has often fallen and risen under the weight of the quality of writing and statistically when characters are trapped in the same environment for too long the story deteriorates. That's why Negan should destroy everything so that we can follow the survivors to Mexico or somewhere and leave laughing man in the dust and in the rearview mirror. Let him be the ruler of I don't care what he does. That's a good place for him.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm

I've personally also stopped watching again, for now at least. I'll keep following along a little bit, maybe i'll start watching again if something happens that makes the show fun to watch again.
Back to top Go down
FrodoFraggins

FrodoFraggins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I actually think the show has improved slightly these past few episodes in terms of pace. It's just that they chose to turn one season of story into two. Scott Gimple got cocky and thought he had a golden ticket. He also thought his audience was full of morons.

I think the show can improve but it will be tough. I'd rather see it end and let FTWD or other spinoffs try to regain what TWD was at its peak,
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm

vonnegut wrote:

I am still catching up, I'm a week behind  (mid episode 10). I have to agree with Vonne. I love seeing Angry JDM. Not the quiet redneck hick could be one of my relatives Negan, the one who yelled at Simon at the top of his lungs.  Him Angry is one of the more frightening things that keeps my interest.

Now Rick...Rick is still a bonehead

I am not sure where Michonne's head is at the moment. I would LOVE to see Crazy Eyes from OITNB come on as a guest character.

Caught up now. Catapults, wow really. I can't imagine how tough it would be to actually hit your target with a catapult unless it's the size of a bus. I was thinking blood soaked arrows, but then again who can make a bow?

Nice Gimple, set up Gabriel as religion/redemption story and yank that sucker right out from under him. How very Hollywood like.

So if they are running out of food, how can they remain at Hilltop? Defensible yes but as Eugene would put it "starvation is tactically a sound strategy to eliminate a fortified structure, like a fort or castle."
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:08 am

spoilers:
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 pm

That was SUPER absurd. Where the fuck did Trash Lady come from? LMFAO So bizarre.

Every time Enid opens her mouth I fall asleep.

I'm way over talking about what Carl would want. He's dead, move on.

I liked the Negan/Rick bitching at each other and fighting. The only fun part of the episode. Negan's face when Rick told him what Simon did to the Trash People, OMGGG. Then Rick sets Lucille ON FIRE, lmfaooooo. Good times.

Negan is going to be very super extra pissed at Simon. I hope Lucille becomes involved.

I also liked Dwight's face when he realized that Simon is actually worse for everyone than Negan was. Negan at least used some restraint. Simon won't.

The lack of Daryl makes me sad. One measly scene, and it was crying out for Rick to get a Daryl-Hug, but we didn't even see a Daryl-Hug. Dammit Sad

Back to top Go down
catnap

catnap

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 pm

We are definitely not seeing enough Daryl. Although for the love of God, I wish he'd shower and put on some fresh clothes.

I feel like each episode is a reach to see if they can top the last week's gross factor. Really, with the guts?

I'm quite confused about the trash lady's appearance too, but it woke me up.

The new character baffled me.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:38 pm

I know, it's so funny. Daryl and Rick, Daryl grimy all the time, Rick sweating all the time. The rest - eh kinda looking like they showered the day before, with some budget shampoo.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 am

Was great to the Scooby Doo gang show up looking for some grooves.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 am

Rob wrote:
Has sucked monkey balls.  It's horrid.  The junkyard people are just so stupid.  I'm on the verge of not watching anymore at all.

vonne?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 pm

last night's epi
spoilers:
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

TWD won't unsuck until Negan's dead and the writers and tptb are trampled under the same horses that draw and quarter them. And they can be zombie horses you know for the irony.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm

davidalan wrote:
TWD won't unsuck until Negan's dead and the writers and tptb are trampled under the same horses that draw and quarter them. And they can be zombie horses you know for the irony.

agreed. they've dragged Negan out wayyyyyy too long, and this gunfight every episode is getttting SO old.

OOOPSIE MRS DOUBTFIRE, OH NO

i have probably read 50 posts on last night's epi. only ONE positive so far, the rest resounding do NOT like at all.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 6:17 pm

and did anybody watch The Terror?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 pm

No Negan this week, boring.

The first fifteen minutes were cool with the battle, then it was a bunch of blah blah blah.

I love how everyone was just sleeping through the zombie invasion, and then acted like they'd lost their minds, and what an idiot the Body Armor Kid is.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 11:45 am

I watched the first two epis of The Terror. Not bad but bleak as all get out.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Have you made a The Terror thread yet?

2 days later and I can't even remember what happened in the last TWD ep. All I know is that Negan is still alive and will probably have a cliffhanger death to end the season.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Nah, I was waiting to see if it was worth it, how much interest there is.

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 3:10 pm

spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 6:24 pm

What the shit?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Big John wrote:
What the shit?

what the what shit, did I say something wrong?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 12:52 am

WHAT THE SHIT???
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 10:40 am

eee oh referring to the show. yeah hear ya.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I loved this week's episode (all the Negan :p ).

I was sure, SURE, that it was Sherry that Negan had picked up in the car. All episode I'm waiting for him to bring her out. It being Laura was even better. Just seeing Dwight's face.
And then the "so you passed on my fake plan" oh shiiiiiiiit.

Zombie Simon chained to the fence is fantastic. I hated him so much. FITTING.

Jason and I laughed for about five minutes after Eugene puked on Rosita to get away.

I couldn't care less about Aaron and Girl Colony.

Best moment, though, has to be Michonne reading Carl's letter to Negan. JDM is amazing, period.

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 am

Season finale. Major suckfest. Utterly predictable. Last two seasons were so bad that my indifference is turning to dislike. However, the final scene, along with the release of simple Gimple, gives me hope for next season

I don't see need to create a separate thread for Fear The Walking Dead. Might as well just keep this thread going.

I don't suppose it's a spoiler that Morgan is now in Fear. However, I didn't know that one of the original Losties was going to be in it. Pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Pretty good season opening for FTWD. It's the kind of episode we all have been wanting to see. Adventures on the road and such. I hope there is more of that this season as opposed to being stuck on one given set.

It ended rather neatly too albeit somewhat predictably.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm not watching FTWD, it has no Daryl.

I rather liked the finale, though.

Keeping Negan alive is hilariously idiotic, of course, but when does Rick not do hilariously idiotic things?

I love that Eugene was the hero in the end with the bullets.

And Maggie + Daryl against Rick about Negan is totally something I want to watch.

Best part: Morgan going to the trash lady and convincing her to move to Hilltop with this big empassioned speech. She's like "Okay, let's go." "Nah, actually, you go, I'm not going there." 55 I don't know why it was so funny but Jason and I both burst out laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead - Season 8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next