AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBetter Call Saul - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyBetter Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyBetter Call Saul - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyBetter Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyBetter Call Saul - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Better Call Saul

Go down 
+2
Zaphod
MrBill60
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaphod

Zaphod

Better Call Saul - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 5:45 pm

nope, right into Saul's pocket!!!
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 pm

The “Save Walter White” appeal is still running, too. But clicking to donate just gets you to an AMC site.

Aren’t Kim and Jimmy afraid that Jimmy will have to deal with that same DA at some future time, once he has his license back? She could recognize his voice – I’m surprised he didn’t use a vocoder or something. Though maybe those cheap phones don’t have good enough voice quality for it to matter.

Is it possible that TPTB are laying the groundwork for Kim to re-emerge in Cinnabon Gene’s life – after she finishes a jail sentence? She seems to have enjoyed the Huell scam too much for continuing a healthy law career, just when she got what she wanted. Did she break bad in a scheme with Jimmy  -- and did she take a fall for him?

This episode gave us a surprise from Kim, and also one from Werner, who never seemed like he would be a problem. I’m assuming Mike was his usual careful self in getting those coasters with the drawings out of the bar. But I think we’re in for a mechanical setback, rather than a law enforcement one, in getting the superlab up and running. Nacho’s plan is less of a surprise, though I wonder if his father will be on board with fleeing to Canada.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Kim is a goody two shoes by nature. However, she's been to the top of the mountain and didn't like what she saw there. So she is doing some humanitarian work to help soothe her soul. Alas, she finds herself defending ungrateful scumbags. Now she's jaded, and breaking bad.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 pm

I liked that she was fingering that bottle stopper from that very expensive bottle of Tequila from the Ken scam.  I wonder if she'll change her name to Giselle.. lol?  Saul and Giselle, partners in crime.

Gus says "Good" after Mike tells him about what went on with Werner and Co, but I wonder what accident he has in store after the work is complete.  In some ways,  Gus is fair, unless his business is threatened through exposure.  I hope he does give second chances.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 3:30 pm

so Kim's turning to the dark side? Wanting to pull more scams? Or am I misinterpreting that
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Kim says to Jimmy, "Let's do it again", after they were sharing a smoke outside of Jimmy's potential office and he was apologizing to her. He read her wrong because she's definitely into more scams.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

S4 finale is on tonight. Poor Werner, don't think he's going to make it back to Germany or anywhere else for that matter. In his mind, Chuck doesn't exist for Jimmy anymore to his detriment. What a knucklehead. I'll be interested to see what magic Kim can pull off to get Jimmy reinstated.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:47 pm

I bet Jimmy never gets reinstated. Saul is another story.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how they pull that off. Guess we'll find out next season.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 2:01 pm

S4 Finale,

Jimmy has finally transitioned into Saul and Kim is standing there with a shocked look on her face. I think she actually bought into his act at the appeal but the truth is too much for her to bear.   I think he has lost her, and I hope so.  She needs to move on at this point.

Mike has really turned a corner.   I have sort of mixed feelings on the way Mike volunteered to kill Werner. I understand that he was responsible for hiring Werner and needed to clean up his mess, but I don't think "Hit Man" was in his job description. I think I would have been more comfortable if he transitioned to "Hit Man" after a life or death situation or if Gus' life was directly threatened.

In S2 he wanted to assassinate Hector because of the direct threat to his family, and he killed the cops before that out of revenge, but Werner wasn't a direct life or death situation so I think that might have been a little out of character for him to transition so quickly. I remember his guilt over the truck driver who the Salamancas killed because of him.   He still had a moral compass over innocents, but he turned the corner with Werner, who was stupid, but still more or less an innocent.

Nacho sure has been put on the back burner, I don't even think he was in the finale.   This Lalo guy is another psycho Salamanca.  Can't imagine  what it would be like with Tuco out of jail and both of them running the family. Maybe next season?   Gus and Mike will have their hands full dealing with both of them.

I usually enjoy the music choices, but the music seems to have been lacking or nothing stood out in the last 2 episodes except bad karaoke, lol.  I do wish Chuck would have done a David St. Hubbins impression when he was up there on stage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 3:18 pm

I too thought it was out of character for Mike, because it is. However, knowing this whole venture started with Fring being pissed at him, Mike might have felt like Werner's blunder would compound Frings frustration with him. Taking care of Werner, something Mike normally wouldn't do, buys him a long leash and earns Fring's trust... and potentially saves his own life.

All the hullaballoo with Jimmy and the bar was schmaltzy.

Yeah, I missed Nacho as well.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
S4 Finale,

Jimmy has finally transitioned into Saul and Kim is standing there with a shocked look on her face. I think she actually bought into his act at the appeal but the truth is too much for her to bear.   I think he has lost her, and I hope so.  She needs to move on at this point. ....

Exactly!

As to Mike, I think he felt he had to personally deal with the consequences for Werner. Mike was in charge of the construction’s security; he’d told Gus that they could trust Werner not to make another mistake and then Werner did; and Mike figured that he’d be more merciful in the carrying out of the deed than one of Gus’ others would be.  And he was – he let Werner turn Marguerite around (even knowing that Gus had a killer headed for the airport) and let Werner walk out under the stars (something he’d been missing in Gus’ hole in the ground. Btw, remember Gale’s love of “The Learned Astronomer”?) Also, I think Mike felt he’d let his bond with Werner get in the way of his judgment (as well as Werner’s, who was counting on his “friend” Mike to eventually forgive his escape) and had to force himself past that weakness. I think this last was what made it a turning point for Mike, rather than an inconsistency, though the other elements factored into his motivations.

It was smart of TPTB to remind us of Gale an episode or two back so his popping up in the lab-to-be didn’t feel on the nose. It reinforced the “I love my work so much I don’t care what the end product is or enables, and I’m still clean” similarities. (And I suspect TPTB are aware of Faust’s love for Marguerite.)

And I’ve got to say something about Mike’s gum trick. Of course, being Mike, he didn’t just stick a wad of gum into the machine. He constructed the proper tool, and waited for some poor sucker to get in the way. (Hey, that poor sucker was a lot luckier than the poor Wire Money guy caught in the Mike/Lalo crossfire.)

Ditto about missing Nacho.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Wow, there's method acting and then there's method acting.  I hope his next role isn't as a blind man.

I've never heard of such a thing and I've seen some pretty mentally ill folks. Hope he stays on his meds.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Question - do any cord cutters use Sling TV? I think it's one of the few services that offer AMC. I was wondering if it offers on-demand viewing of all the S5 episodes once they are released?
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Just finished S5 and what an amazing season.    The last 3 episodes had scenes that were incredibly intense, on par with Breaking Bad's Ozymandias and then they throw a giant curve ball in the finale.  Just insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Call Saul   Better Call Saul - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Better Call Saul
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2