AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inDallas Cowboys TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Dallas Cowboys EmptyDallas Cowboys EmptyDallas Cowboys Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Dallas Cowboys

Go down 
+3
Zaphod
davidalan
Hodgepodge
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Man those Dallas Cowboys looked bad in yesterday's opening game.
They didn't convert a 3rd-down until the 2nd-half.
Zeke only had 15 carriers, but all Teams will try and stop the 'Boys running game this season, because we can't throw the ball.
Dak couldn't hit me with a pass, so this is going to be a long season.  ?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Didn't watch the Cowboys. Watched some of Steelers Browns. Left the bar thinking the Steelers had it. But no! Neither team played substantially well but I call it a net win for the Browns. As for the Cowboys they should beat the Giants next week.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

davidalan wrote:
...Watched some of Steelers Browns. Left the bar thinking the Steelers had it. But no! Neither team played substantially well but I call it a net win for the Browns
... So do I, Davidalan.  yay

davidalan wrote:
...As for the Cowboys they should beat the Giants next week.
From your mouth to God's ear!
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
Man those Dallas Cowboys looked bad in yesterday's opening game.
They didn't convert a 3rd-down until the 2nd-half.
Zeke only had 15 carriers, but all Teams will try and stop the 'Boys running game this season, because we can't throw the ball.
Dak couldn't hit me with a pass, so this is going to be a long season.  ?

don't give up, they may turn it around. the Broncos do that a lot - string of suck games, then suddenly kick into gear. OR start off in gear, and later suck for 3 games in a row.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 am

Zaphod wrote:
don't give up, they may turn it around. the Broncos do that a lot - string of suck games, then suddenly kick into gear. OR start off in gear, and later suck for 3 games in a row.

Or in Dallas' case, start a string of suck games, then suddenly continue sucking.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 am

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
start a string of suck games, then suddenly continue sucking.
This was New Orleans's franchise model for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm

His Royal Dorkness wrote:
This was New Orleans's franchise model for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.

Speaking of NO, is their defense going to return to its usual self this year? Last year they made such strides, and everyone started talking SB again (including me). Then it was another 80+ point special last week, with the Saints on the losing end. Can't they get it together on D?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

I think NO's D will pull it together again this year. The fluff papers are still saying they have two "impact rookies" on D, who need a little time to adjust to the speed of the game, etc. It's difficult to accurately predict, honestly, with as little as i've really watched the last several seasons. Baseball and basketball have really been getting a lot more of my attention. The Saints put my eyes on the screen a bit more last year than the few years before that, during which i rarely saw them outside the PrimeTime games.

But from what i have seen, i expect the Saints' D to improve a lot over the course of the season. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some peaks and valleys in their play. I think they'll be somewhat unpredictable for opposing offensive coordinators, which is something of a double-edged sword, but it's a hell of a lot better than a dull rusty sword.

How are you feeling about those Pats, Peggy Sawyer? Thinking Ringkings?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm pretty confident this year. The defense looked solid in the opener. The OL is unproven, but I trust Scarnecchia to make something serviceable out of it. The wideouts are a concern, but at least Edelman will be back on week 5. If we stay healthy, we should have a strong year, especially in this division.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Although, the 'Boys won last night, the Offense still lacks an identity.

Yeah, we want to run the ball with Zeke, but every team in the League knows that. So every team puts 8,9 men in the box to stop the run. I feel it's necessary to throw the ball in order to run it.
I was glad to see Dak take a chance and go for the long pass to Austin for the TD. And, honestly, he looked pretty good throwing the ball all evening.

How 'Bout them Cowboys! yay yay yay yay yay yay
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm

So... in news relating to other teams...

The Saints beat the Browns, but not exactly comfortably. And, um, it's the Browns. A win is a win in this league though. But still, the Browns gave us a game. Not exactly brushing shoulders off after that win.

A loss is a loss too. Those Jags looked MIGHTY convincing.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 pm

The 'Boys beat the Lions in the last seconds of the game. Which means, they'll loose against Houston, Sunday. Sad

Man, their pass-defense is poor. Glad I saw the DB-coach jump on the players for not playing better. Way to go, Kris Richard! :goof:
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 am

Heard that Dez Bryant wants to come back to the Cowboys. Would Jerry do that? Should he? I so no and yes, respectively.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Heard that Dez Bryant wants to come back to the Cowboys. Would Jerry do that? Should he? I so no and yes, respectively.
Jerry mentioned today, in his weekly radio broadcast..."The Cowboys haven't had a #1 Receiver in several years." Just damn!

My 'Boys are so bad, it's tough watching them on a weekly basis. Add to that, the Head Coach has no huevos to try and keep the team in games.

Damn Cowboys! Mad
Damn Jason Garrett! Mad
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Sunday's 40 points, were the most points put up since Spot was a pup.
Since the beginning of the season, the 'Boys have, lost one. Win one. Lost one. Win one. Lost one. Win one. That means, they should loose against the Redskins.
Man, can I afford to pick against the 'Boys this Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 pm

man, classic rivalry, Cowboys Redskins. don't know on that one. pretty sure my broncs will continue the tanking protocol.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Hodge, with Peggy Sawyer and IWBLOST in your Pick'ems league, the real question is...

can you afford NOT to pick against them?

They just beat an elite team, they're pretty much guaranteed to lose to divisional rival schmucks.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Hodge, with Peggy Sawyer and IWBLOST in your Pick'ems league, the real question is...

can you afford NOT to pick against them?

They just beat an elite team, they're pretty much guaranteed to lose to divisional rival schmucks.
What I try to determine is, what they might do. If I can pick the same teams, as the "Showtime" Lakers announcer, Chick Hearns, used to say. "No harm, no foul!"
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:56 pm

The Dallas Cowboys acquire Amari Cooper from the Oakland Raiders. The price...a first-round pick in the 2019 draft.

I guess its a good pickup. At least it'll give us Cowboys fans a chance to see if Dak Prescott is the future of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:59 pm

It was really nice watching football this past Sunday with Dallas having a bye. I didn't have to drop antacids like Junior Mints.
They're back at it this Sunday against the Titans. Can't believe they're the favorite as well. Oh, wait a minute! They're on the road, plus this week they're scheduled to win. omg
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 12:53 am

Going back to the Cooper deal...Not sure I like the price paid. What I said when Dak and Zeek were rookies, that great O-line, the best in the NFL, and guys like Witten, Dez, other skilled veterans to throw to, Zeek to hand the ball to, the NFL was an easy life for Dak Prescott. But what was going to happen when that line thinned out, Witten and Bryant retired, etc, I asked as I watched Russell Wilson dodge oncoming rushers like he was playing football on I-5. I think it is indicative of just how much Tony Romo was damaged goods that he could get to a Super Bowl surrounded by all that talent. Not Elliott of course, but he had solid RBs too.

Cooper giving Dak a nice veteran target is a great storyline, but I don't seem to recall his name getting mentioned much a couple of weeks ago when the Seahawks and Raiders played at Wembley. Might have had something to do with the fact that Carr was under so much pressure that 90% of his attempts were to 3 yards or less downfield.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 2:48 pm

TBC, Cooper didn't look bad in last night's game. It was the other 45 players you bring to a game that sucked.
I'm going to put this out there...I don't think Dak is a franchise-QB. JMO! He missed to many throws in the game, and turned it over twice. He now leads the League in QB turnovers.
It was a truly disappointing game. Especially against a team with the same record.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Um. The Brock Osweiler comparison is getting grimmer and grimmer.

The 'Boys violated their "win one lose one" quest for mediocrity, Hodge. I'm sorry to see it, too. The next couple games don't look to offer them a lot of opportunity to get back to .500 either.

I saw a rumor today that Dez Bryant is in talks with the Saints. :O
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Headed to halftime right now, and it looks like your 'Boys came to play tonight, Hodge!
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 4:55 pm

...The 'Boys violated their "win one lose one" quest for mediocrity, Hodge. I'm sorry to see it, too. The next couple games don't look to offer them a lot of opportunity to get back to .500 either
...They loose a game they should've won against the Titans, then win one against the reining Super Bowl Champions. And, as you mention, they go against their loose-one/win-one MO.

Needless to say, I picked them to loose against the Eagles. It was so easy win they were predictable.  ?

...I saw a rumor today that Dez Bryant is in talks with the Saints. :O
In their demolishing of the Bengals, I noticed the recipient of the TD threw-up the X-sign as a shout out to Dez. I thought that was a nice jesture. yay
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Did Sunday night's game show us that the Philly Eagles are a worst team than the Cowboys?

I thought the 'Boys "D" played an excellent game. Although, they only sacked Wentz twice, they harassed him on a consistent basis.

Then, the Offense decided they'd play a much better game then we've seen throughout most of the season. Plus, Zeke ran off 151 yards. Something he's found hard to do.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:44 pm

The 'Boys' offense definitely played better than i've seen them this year, and most of last year too, but the Defense definitely went out and won that game in Philly Sunday. So many critical stops.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm

...So many critical stops.
Philly only turned 3 third-downs into first-downs.

The Cowboys played great defense throughout the game. yay
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Another big win for Dallas this week, and they helped the Saints by beating Atlanta, too.

Thanksgiving features the Cowboys playing Washington for first place in the NFC East! Then the Saints host the Falcons!! One week after that, the Saints and Cowboys meet for TNF!!!
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Another big win for Dallas this week, and they helped the Saints by beating Atlanta, too.

Thanksgiving features the Cowboys playing Washington for first place in the NFC East! Then the Saints host the Falcons!! One week after that, the Saints and Cowboys meet for TNF!!!
They looked pretty good, HRD!

But, as I mentioned in another post, the Saints are the "Best" Team in the League. I've suspected their Defense, but "it" has come thru over the last couple of weeks.

Personally, I think Brees has taken over the lead in the MVP race. Plus, the League likes to give it to all-around great guy too.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm

I'll admit it, you called Brees for MVP before i even thought it, and unless the Saints come down a big peg or two, you might be right.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Huge game this Thanksgiving.

If the 'Boys can beat the Redskins, they'll take over the lead in the NFL-East. Plus, they have an easier schedule remaining (not including the game against the Saints).
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm

You know, when we all were domiciled at MyMedia, my BFF was Mr Mo. hug4
Speaking of HRD...You think you and the Saints can show us a little sympathy Thursday night? Without it, this game could get out of control early and often. console  scrd
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Look, Hodge, dear friend: Both our houses are in jeopardy this Thursday. I've been studiously avoiding not only any mention of the upcoming game, but also of Thursday night itself, around the home; but Mrs. Mo is no fool.

If there is only ONE game i honestly could live with the Saints losing the rest of this year, it's this one.

ninja
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

I've heard it said that a happy wife makes for a happy life. So peace reigns in Casa De Mo.

Obviously, i'm not thrilled that the Saints lost this week. I earnestly hope that they recover from this loss, and learn from it. I also earnestly hope that there's not a postseason rematch this year. Sometimes a good team needs a loss in the second half of the season to remind them that they're human and that they play in the "Any Given Sunday" NFL; hopefully last night's game was that wake-up call that the Saints need to remind them what it takes to consistently win in that man's League.

With that said, congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys and their organization and fans on a hard fought and well earned win. The Cowboys' defensive unit has truly coalesced and in my opinion has been playing at a level equal to the best defenses currently in the league.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 2:18 pm

I've heard it said that a happy wife makes for a happy life. So peace reigns in Casa De Mo...
It took me a while to realize this axiom, which is the reason I cooked last night. TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) is not above getting even by having me spend the night draped over the toilet.  gross

...Obviously, i'm not thrilled that the Saints lost this week. I earnestly hope that they recover from this loss, and learn from it. I also earnestly hope that there's not a postseason rematch this year. Sometimes a good team needs a loss in the second half of the season to remind them that they're human and that they play in the "Any Given Sunday" NFL; hopefully last night's game was that wake-up call that the Saints need to remind them what it takes to consistently win in that man's League...
This was the debate on "sports-radio" this morning, will this be a wake-up call for the Saints.

I'm more worried that the 'Boys gave a recipe to the rest of the League on how to defeat New Orleans.
Make no doubt about it, I don't believe Dallas is a Super Bowl team. Yet! So, I'm still pulling for the Saints to make it all the way.
But, that "way" has to lead thru the Superdome. Obviously, every team is better at home, but this is more obvious for the Saints.

...The Cowboys' defensive unit has truly coalesced and in my opinion has been playing at a level equal to the best defenses currently in the league.
This maybe the best "front-seven" in football.
But, our LBs, Jaylon Smith and Van Der Esch, are unquestionably the best tandem at the position.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:

But, our LBs, Jaylon Smith and Van Der Esch, are unquestionably the best tandem at the position.

A couple of guys named Wright and Wagner just might contend that comment.

I'm a little disappointed in the Saints right now. If they had won then that that result coupled with the Seahawks probable demolition of the yet-again-miserable 49ers would have put the Hawks in the driver's seat for the top wild card spot regardless of any other results. It's still going to take a loss by the Skins to accomplish that, but they are playing the Giants and I don't want to make any predictions there.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Tough game against the Eagles, another NFC-East rival, this Sunday.
Saving grace...the game is at AT&T Stadium in Dallas.
Plus, with the Eagles win last night against the 'Skins, puts the 'Boys 1 full game up in the Division.
So, I'm thinking, even if we loose Sunday, the Eagles still have to play the Rams.
How 'Bout them Cowboys!
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 pm

How about a 2 game lead with three weeks left? How would that suit you, Hodge?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 pm

How about a 2 game lead with three weeks left? How would that suit you, Hodge?
It would suit me like an expensive suit. yay What a great game!

The game was under control until Dak's miscues gave the Eagles life. If he could just hold onto the ball. ? I don't care that muck about the INTs. Those come with the territory. But, the fumble turnovers. I scream bloody murder when those happen.

Man, was the trade for Amari Cooper worth it! Over 200+ yards in the game, plus 3-TDs. You can't ask much more from the guy. woooo
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:27 pm

He's just glad to be out of Oakland. Sea Bass feels the same way.

Okay, so if the Seahawks win tonight and then again next Sunday at Leave Early, Guys (aka CenturyLink South, their home away from home where they have never lost) they will clinch a Wild Card with two weeks remaining and be more than likely headed for a Wild Card Game tilt against the Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Objective the first accomplished, but what a strange game. With 4 minutes left it was Seahawks 6 Vikings 0, the final score was 21-7

So here's the skinny on why the Seahawks can clinch a Wild Card spot with a win at San Francisco on Sunday. They are now at 8-5, which is not bad given that they lost their first two games. There are four teams still "in the hunt" at 6-7: Carolina, Green Bay, Washington, and Philadelphia. The Seahawks have beaten the first two. Next tiebreaker is division record. Seahawks are currently 7-3 in the NFC, Eagles are 4-6, Skins are 6-5. Keep in mind that there are 12 division games for each team, so Seahawks own the tiebreaker there vs the Eagles and one more division win (or Redskins loss) will lock the last one.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

You know TBC, I picked the Vikings in that game. Sad

The Seahawks have a much better run game then was advertised. Or, has the Vikings "D" loss its punch in 1 season?

Speaking of Defense. Man, Cousins was running for his life throughout the game. Theilen (spl) is a superb receiver, but I don't remember him having multiple catches in the game.

I will admit, I agree with Zimmer about the lack of a commitment to the run-game. He took it to an extreme and fired the OC.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:27 am

Nothing wrong with the Vikings' D. Seahawks should have been up 21-0 by the half. Or at least 17-0. Credit the Vikes defense for keeping it to a field goal. As for the run game, the season started with a pair of losses at teams with navy blue and orange color schemes, Brian Schottenheimer went to Pete Carroll and said "I really think ought to try a little harder to commit to running the ball.", since then the team is 8-3 with two of those losses coming against the Rams and the other against the Chargers by a combined total of 15 points.

This is still leaving people to ask whether the Seahawks are capable of beating a good team. Well, in three of the losses they have had to overcome shooting themselves in the foot in drives that would have put them in the lead late in the fourth quarter, turning the ball over in their own end leading to a seeming clinching score. The managed to score quickly in all three games, in one the on-side kick was an abysmal failure, in the other two they lost after regaining possession. The 8 point loss against the Chargers is so far the greatest margin of defeat this season. If you can play the good teams close then you can beat the good teams, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Maturin

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 12:19 am

TBC wrote:

There are four teams still "in the hunt" at 6-7: Carolina, Green Bay, Washington, and Philadelphia. The Seahawks have beaten the first two. Next tiebreaker is division record. Seahawks are currently 7-3 in the NFC, Eagles are 4-6, Skins are 6-5. Keep in mind that there are 12 division games for each team, so Seahawks own the tiebreaker there vs the Eagles and one more division win (or Redskins loss) will lock the last one.

Don't count Washington out just yet -- their exciting new "no visible quarterback" strategy could catch fire at any moment.

When I say "catch fire," I mean actual flames from hell finally breaking through and consuming Snyder and his henchmen right there on the field, which could help Seattle in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Maturin wrote:
Don't count Washington out just yet -- their exciting new "no visible quarterback" strategy could catch fire at any moment.

When I say "catch fire," I mean actual flames from hell finally breaking through and consuming Snyder and his henchmen right there on the field, which could help Seattle in the long run.
Maturin, I know you're being factitious, but Sanchez looked so bad in the 'Skins last game, he was benched. And, don't get me started on Snyder. somad
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 pm

I have to agree with TBC that this year's Seahawks are a dangerous team that could conceivably beat any other team on any given field.
Back to top Go down
Maturin

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 3:27 am

Hodgepodge wrote:
Maturin wrote:

Maturin, I know you're being factitious, but Sanchez looked so bad in the 'Skins last game, he was benched. And, don't get me started on Snyder. somad

I am being serious -- DC *must* be planning a no-quarterback offense, based on the fact that no one here seems to know how to do even basic qb things. And I apologize for bringing the S word into a civilized discussion. It's just so frustrating watching him ruin this team.

But my main point was that Seattle (and the rest of the NFL) probably shouldn't worry too much about Washington winning anything for the next year or so.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 8:03 am

It's gotta be frustrating. D.C. hasn't won a playoff game since 2005 when Gibbs was in his second stint as HC, and including their loss in the next week, they've been 0-4 in the playoffs since. That was their only playoff win this millenium. Over the last several years, they've looked poised to break through a few times; they won the division a couple of times but then slumped the following year, and this was supposed to be a rebound year. A lot of folks had them pencilled in to win the division again this year, right up until they started losing quarterbacks.

New Orleans has three quarterbacks (*knocks on wood*). Maybe we can work out a trade in the off-season; the Saints will likely need more draft picks in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Yeah, sorry about my team ruining that kid from Baylor. And after the 'Skins traded away all those draft picks for him, even. Well, the consolation is that Fissure couldn't get a single good player from any of those picks.

Meanwhile, I am hoping the 'Boys can keep the solid form going and pass the Bears for the #3 seed. A win by the Seahawks today not only locks up the post-season, it comes close to locking up the first Wild Card spot, as they will have the tie-breaker on everybody. Check off the boxes Seahawks lining up vs the Bears compared to vs the 'Boys, who would we rather face, it's no question. Solid defense, iffy second year QB with some good promise, just meh running game, or pretty good defense, nice second year QB and good running game behind an O-line that isn't what it once was. You take the team with the solid defense and make it a slug-fest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dallas Cowboys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Dallas Cowboys Empty

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next