A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dallas Cowboys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Man those Dallas Cowboys looked bad in yesterday's opening game.
They didn't convert a 3rd-down until the 2nd-half.
Zeke only had 15 carriers, but all Teams will try and stop the 'Boys running game this season, because we can't throw the ball.
Dak couldn't hit me with a pass, so this is going to be a long season.  ?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Didn't watch the Cowboys. Watched some of Steelers Browns. Left the bar thinking the Steelers had it. But no! Neither team played substantially well but I call it a net win for the Browns. As for the Cowboys they should beat the Giants next week.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

@davidalan wrote:
...Watched some of Steelers Browns. Left the bar thinking the Steelers had it. But no! Neither team played substantially well but I call it a net win for the Browns
... So do I, Davidalan.  yay

@davidalan wrote:
...As for the Cowboys they should beat the Giants next week.
From your mouth to God's ear!
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm

@Hodgepodge wrote:
Man those Dallas Cowboys looked bad in yesterday's opening game.
They didn't convert a 3rd-down until the 2nd-half.
Zeke only had 15 carriers, but all Teams will try and stop the 'Boys running game this season, because we can't throw the ball.
Dak couldn't hit me with a pass, so this is going to be a long season.  ?

don't give up, they may turn it around. the Broncos do that a lot - string of suck games, then suddenly kick into gear. OR start off in gear, and later suck for 3 games in a row.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 am

@Zaphod wrote:
don't give up, they may turn it around. the Broncos do that a lot - string of suck games, then suddenly kick into gear. OR start off in gear, and later suck for 3 games in a row.

Or in Dallas' case, start a string of suck games, then suddenly continue sucking.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 am

@Peggy Sawyer wrote:
start a string of suck games, then suddenly continue sucking.
This was New Orleans's franchise model for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm

@His Royal Dorkness wrote:
This was New Orleans's franchise model for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.

Speaking of NO, is their defense going to return to its usual self this year? Last year they made such strides, and everyone started talking SB again (including me). Then it was another 80+ point special last week, with the Saints on the losing end. Can't they get it together on D?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

I think NO's D will pull it together again this year. The fluff papers are still saying they have two "impact rookies" on D, who need a little time to adjust to the speed of the game, etc. It's difficult to accurately predict, honestly, with as little as i've really watched the last several seasons. Baseball and basketball have really been getting a lot more of my attention. The Saints put my eyes on the screen a bit more last year than the few years before that, during which i rarely saw them outside the PrimeTime games.

But from what i have seen, i expect the Saints' D to improve a lot over the course of the season. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some peaks and valleys in their play. I think they'll be somewhat unpredictable for opposing offensive coordinators, which is something of a double-edged sword, but it's a hell of a lot better than a dull rusty sword.

How are you feeling about those Pats, Peggy Sawyer? Thinking Ringkings?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm pretty confident this year. The defense looked solid in the opener. The OL is unproven, but I trust Scarnecchia to make something serviceable out of it. The wideouts are a concern, but at least Edelman will be back on week 5. If we stay healthy, we should have a strong year, especially in this division.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Although, the 'Boys won last night, the Offense still lacks an identity.

Yeah, we want to run the ball with Zeke, but every team in the League knows that. So every team puts 8,9 men in the box to stop the run. I feel it's necessary to throw the ball in order to run it.
I was glad to see Dak take a chance and go for the long pass to Austin for the TD. And, honestly, he looked pretty good throwing the ball all evening.

How 'Bout them Cowboys! yay yay yay yay yay yay
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm

So... in news relating to other teams...

The Saints beat the Browns, but not exactly comfortably. And, um, it's the Browns. A win is a win in this league though. But still, the Browns gave us a game. Not exactly brushing shoulders off after that win.

A loss is a loss too. Those Jags looked MIGHTY convincing.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 pm

The 'Boys beat the Lions in the last seconds of the game. Which means, they'll loose against Houston, Sunday. Sad

Man, their pass-defense is poor. Glad I saw the DB-coach jump on the players for not playing better. Way to go, Kris Richard! :goof:
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 am

Heard that Dez Bryant wants to come back to the Cowboys. Would Jerry do that? Should he? I so no and yes, respectively.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:56 pm

@Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Heard that Dez Bryant wants to come back to the Cowboys. Would Jerry do that? Should he? I so no and yes, respectively.
Jerry mentioned today, in his weekly radio broadcast..."The Cowboys haven't had a #1 Receiver in several years." Just damn!

My 'Boys are so bad, it's tough watching them on a weekly basis. Add to that, the Head Coach has no huevos to try and keep the team in games.

Damn Cowboys! Mad
Damn Jason Garrett! Mad
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Sunday's 40 points, were the most points put up since Spot was a pup.
Since the beginning of the season, the 'Boys have, lost one. Win one. Lost one. Win one. Lost one. Win one. That means, they should loose against the Redskins.
Man, can I afford to pick against the 'Boys this Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 pm

man, classic rivalry, Cowboys Redskins. don't know on that one. pretty sure my broncs will continue the tanking protocol.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Hodge, with Peggy Sawyer and IWBLOST in your Pick'ems league, the real question is...

can you afford NOT to pick against them?

They just beat an elite team, they're pretty much guaranteed to lose to divisional rival schmucks.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:11 pm

@His Royal Dorkness wrote:
Hodge, with Peggy Sawyer and IWBLOST in your Pick'ems league, the real question is...

can you afford NOT to pick against them?

They just beat an elite team, they're pretty much guaranteed to lose to divisional rival schmucks.
What I try to determine is, what they might do. If I can pick the same teams, as the "Showtime" Lakers announcer, Chick Hearns, used to say. "No harm, no foul!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: NFL Happenings-
Jump to: