HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dallas Cowboys

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:27 pm

There's no shame in a tough road loss to a quality opponent. Getting shut out by a team whose defense is little better than average has to sting though.

The 'Skins picked up a game on Dallas today, and frankly i'm hoping that the Eagles will too, unlikely as it may be, only because a Rams loss helps New Orleans.

The Bears won today, too, which gives them 2 games over Dallas for 3 seeding, sorry TBC.
Back to top Go down
TBC

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Seahawks might fall to the 6 Seed since it looks like the Vikings new OC, the QB Coach promoted a step, has helped them find their offense.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:06 pm

@Maturin wrote:
@Hodgepodge wrote:
I am being serious -- DC *must* be planning a no-quarterback offense, based on the fact that no one here seems to know how to do even basic qb things. And I apologize for bringing the S word into a civilized discussion. It's just so frustrating watching him ruin this team...
Maturin, I heard Alex Smith was finally released from the hospital. How's he doing? Anymore infection problems?
Finally, is he your answer to the QB question?

@TBC wrote:
...Meanwhile, I am hoping the 'Boys can keep the solid form going and pass the Bears for the #3 seed. A win by the Seahawks today not only locks up the post-season, it comes close to locking up the first Wild Card spot, as they will have the tie-breaker on everybody. Check off the boxes Seahawks lining up vs the Bears compared to vs the 'Boys, who would we rather face, it's no question. Solid defense, iffy second year QB with some good promise, just meh running game, or pretty good defense, nice second year QB and good running game behind an O-line that isn't what it once was. You take the team with the solid defense and make it a slug-fest.    
TBC, we've got to one more game to win before we get to the playoffs.
As it stands now, we're one-up on both the Eagles and the 'Skins. We own the tie-breaker against Philly, but I'm not sure about Washington. Without that "win", we'll be on the outside looking in. scrd
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Well, the 'Boys host the Bucs and visit the Giants. If they can't squeak out a win in one of those games, they don't belong in the playoffs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:58 pm

@His Royal Dorkness wrote:
...they don't belong in the playoffs anyway.
I'll deny it if you quote me, but you're right.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Apparently the Cowboys belong in the playoffs. Congrats to them and their fans. This has been a very gritty regular season to follow along with, and y'all have plenty reason to be proud.

Regardless of what happens with the Giants next week, Dallas will have the 4 seed and, in the first round of the playoffs, get to host the 5 seed. As of right now, Seattle is likely the 5 seed, though both Minnesota and Philadelphia are refusing to go away so far. I can't honestly say i like Dallas's chances in that game, but they've risen to some pretty daunting challenges to get this far, and nothing is impossible for this team this year.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Apparently the Cowboys belong in the playoffs. Congrats to them and their fans. This has been a very gritty regular season to follow along with, and y'all have plenty reason to be proud.

Regardless of what happens with the Giants next week, Dallas will have the 4 seed and, in the first round of the playoffs, get to host the 5 seed. As of right now, Seattle is likely the 5 seed, though both Minnesota and Philadelphia are refusing to go away so far. I can't honestly say i like Dallas's chances in that game, but they've risen to some pretty daunting challenges to get this far, and nothing is impossible for this team this year.
I'm sure TBC is going to make an appearance in this thread before the playoffs, but I don't look forward to hosting the game against the Seahawks. scrd

Wilson is so good at dragging a play out to its finality, and our DBs are not the greatest in the world, it could get real bad real soon.

The only way we win is putting immense pressure on him while keeping him in the "pocket". If he escapes on a regular basis, again, it could be a long day for our Defense.

Our Offense doesn't score enough to make Seattle a one-dimensional team, so they're going to try a run the ball throughout the game.

Maybe, a couple of turnovers would help our Offense. Letting them operate on a short field.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:31 pm

I couldn't believe how the Dallas "D" played Saturday. Complete and total domination.
The media pundits have put the onus on Shoutenheimer (spl) and Carroll for not changing their plan when they saw it wasn't working.

Zeke came to play! 26/137 yards. 4/32 yards.
And what he did to Shaq Griffin was demoralizing.

Now, they're on the way here. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm willing to donate Peggy Sawyer's kidney to get tickets. :eyebrow:
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Hodgepodge, my friend, i hope you got some great seats. I feel like no matter what happens tonight, you and every other Cowboys fan all deserve to be extremely proud of this Dallas Cowboys team and what they've already accomplished in this season.

Remember the Brock Osweiler comparisons from early in the year. Remember that feeling when they were 3-5 halfway through the regular season's scheduled games, and there were a bunch of quality teams coming up next. Remember how many times they turned impossible into improbable.

Bon chance, ami. I'm rooting for your team tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   Yesterday at 3:21 pm

Hodgepodge, my friend, i hope you got some great seats. I feel like no matter what happens tonight, you and every other Cowboys fan all deserve to be extremely proud of this Dallas Cowboys team and what they've already accomplished in this season.

Remember the Brock Osweiler comparisons from early in the year. Remember that feeling when they were 3-5 halfway through the regular season's scheduled games, and there were a bunch of quality teams coming up next. Remember how many times they turned impossible into improbable.

Bon chance, ami. I'm rooting for your team tonight.
HRD, we had awful seats until "King James" entered the stadium. And, TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) had me cracking up. "Man, he's tall!" You think!

Here's a statistic I'm proud to share...Of the 75,000 in attendance, 37,000 were Dallas Cowboys fans. We were sitting next to a couple of Rams fans, so every time the Rams had the ball, they were cheering and I was booing. Then, when the Cowboys had the ball, it was the opposite. We had a lot of fun doing that. lol4

HRD, I was hoping for an upset, better yet, praying for one, but nothing came of it. My 'Boys were run over like a possum in the middle of the road.

But I agree with you. Any time you can make it to the playoffs, that's a good year.

How 'bout them Cowboys! yay  yay  yay  yay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Cowboys   

Back to top Go down

Dallas Cowboys
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2