AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Oscars - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyThe Oscars - Page 2 EmptyThe Oscars - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

The Oscars

Go down 
+4
blondie
Ez
desi
iwantmycrayons
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

The Oscars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart The Oscars - Page 2 698339173
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me. The Oscars - Page 2 2486471917

didnt say we cant complain...im just pointing out the pointless effort to make an issue of the first lady making a nomination reward...wtf is wrong with that?...i dont get it?
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Derek wrote:
lawyer talk

originally stated that you guys didn't like the first lady presenting an award, due to pushing a political policy is what i thought was irrational...yeah i can be cute.....i dont do long posting battles about this issh....just stating whats above in my comment...

No. I didn't.

That's what I thought, accusations with nothing to back them up.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm

im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Ah yes, of course, I know it's true even though the Senate testimony on Benghazi says otherwise. I know because obviously Fox News put a gun to the back of C-Span's cameramen and changed the testimony given at the Senate hearings and MADE them edit what was said 55
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

totally switched subjects...good job
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Derek wrote:
gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart The Oscars - Page 2 698339173
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me. The Oscars - Page 2 2486471917

didnt say we cant complain...im just pointing out the pointless effort to make an issue of the first lady making a nomination reward...wtf is wrong with that?...i dont get it?

Obviously not. Obviously we can't complain about anything you disagree with. Obviously if I say Kristen Stewart looked like crap it's ok if you agree with it. BUT if someone complains about Michelle Obama we aren't entitled to express an opinion, right? Because then we're just haters and we obviously blame Obama for everything right?

What I will do for now on is check with you to make sure our opinions are ok to be expressed, ok?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Derek wrote:

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

theres a difference buddy...you're hating on her for pushing political stances...she did nothing like that....we can hate on dresses all you want though...i thought what she wore wasnt that great !

heres my point at the beginning: ( Mrs. Obama did not make a political appearance) She showed up as any famous person there did....but people chose to pick on it... :)
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.

its understood...this isnt court...stop being a lawyer homie...stop using that shit as your defense...
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

Rob wrote:
I

I also agree with the First Lady thing, it shouldn't have been done, but I loath these shows so I didn't see it.

THIS is what I said. Did I SAY this was based on her politics? Did I SAY it was because "I don't like her"? Isn't it painfully obvious, since I specifically said "First Lady" this would apply to ALL First Ladies? Did I point out ANYWHERE this was about her political persuasion?
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

also..im not back tracking into the thread to quote something
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:

its understood...this isnt court...stop being a lawyer homie...stop using that shit as your defense...

It's understood? Really? I'm sorry Sister Cleo, I didn't know you were into mind reading now.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Derek wrote:
theres a difference buddy...you're hating on her for pushing political stances...she did nothing like that....we can hate on dresses all you want though...i thought what she wore wasnt that great !

heres my point at the beginning: ( Mrs. Obama did not make a political appearance) She showed up as any famous person there did....but people chose to pick on it... :)

How do you figure? What did I say that made you conclude this?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Derek wrote:
Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:

My only defense is you're wrong. You ASSUME my objection to her is based on politics without considering the fact I don't think ANY First Lady should get invloved AND you made unsubstantiated remarks about my take on Benghazi.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm

im talking about the First Lady saying a few words at the Oscars..presenting the winner...

how was that bringing in political issues?

i dont think she was..i think she did well...and noones throwing a fit over it....but i dont see how shes pushing an agenda....at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm

I thought at first her appearance was pretty cool...but it's HOW it was protrayed that has me concerned...with the well dressed military folk arranged behind her, I'm thinking this is the kind of appearance President and Imelda Marcos might have done, if the Oscars had been held in the Phillippines...I mean on the one hand, she did an incredible appearance with Jimmy Fallon, to connect with the average folk, and then she follows it up with this, that seems to do just the opposite..I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

we can just call a truce Rob...and agree to disagree....
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 pm

We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Rob I'd call you personally if you gave me your number to make sure everythings okay...but foreal..debates probably over...I dont want you leaving at all...get at me PM or other wise...
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

it would have been more ironic if Lincoln had won

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Rob wrote:
desi wrote:

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.

So what would you have done for Benghazi?

AND..why does this have anything to do with the First Lady?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Rob wrote:
desi wrote:

So what would you have done for Benghazi?

AND..why does this have anything to do with the First Lady?

We could have had help there within 30 minutes and we chose not to. And I would have called it what it was, a terrorist attack that was not based on a trailer in Youtube. By the way, the maker of that movie is still incarcerated without the advice of a lawyer. These are serious Constitutional violations no one seems to care about.

It has nothing to do with her, obviously she had no idea who was going to win the award. I just happened to find who won ironic that she presented it. It's not slam on her.

I'm glad you called me, it was cool to place a voice with your postings and avatar.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:45 pm

i agree..it was good to hear you too man
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Rob wrote:
desi wrote:

SO George Bush and his administration and every single president before Obama never lied about anything to save their asses after a tragedy?

People are at the point where they are starting to realize the way the goverment is running and the way its been running for the last 50+ years is just not working and if something doesn;t change now we are all going to suffer alot more than we need to... There is a general trend of dislike towards government in general... Everything Obama has been brutally critized for has been done by other presidents in the past... Obama has become the poster child of government in general and in many cases is hated just for being a part of the governement...

I also think what alot of people don't realize is the fact that one person cannot run the country... The President is the person elected to be the face of the country and hopefully fight for the things the people want... The President is hardly the most powerful person in government... its the groups and agencies and people that Obama deligates the work to that allow or make alot of this shit happen.. there is probably alot that goes on that Obama doesn;t even know is going on... He is likely more of pawn then anything...

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Derek wrote:

is his accent strong?

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

no...he sounded like a good friend from vegas actually
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

desi wrote:
Rob wrote:
desi wrote:

SO George Bush and his administration and every single president before Obama never lied about anything to save their asses after a tragedy?

People are at the point where they are starting to realize the way the goverment is running and the way its been running for the last 50+ years is just not working and if something doesn;t change now we are all going to suffer alot more than we need to... There is a general trend of dislike towards government in general... Everything Obama has been brutally critized for has been done by other presidents in the past... Obama has become the poster child of government in general and in many cases is hated just for being a part of the governement...

I also think what alot of people don't realize is the fact that one person cannot run the country... The President is the person elected to be the face of the country and hopefully fight for the things the people want... The President is hardly the most powerful person in government... its the groups and agencies and people that Obama deligates the work to that allow or make alot of this shit happen.. there is probably alot that goes on that Obama doesn;t even know is going on... He is likely more of pawn then anything...

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. No one is accusing Obams of lying during the other embassy attacks and no one is accusing Clinton of it either. The problem here is we KNOW the administration lied.

I agree, that's why we have a Secretary of State, who sat on her ass and did nothing and we KNOW she watched it in real time.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

desi wrote:
Derek wrote:

is his accent strong?

I didn't say anything in Spanish, that's when the accent comes out.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

nah i know people with the same decent...it did not sound strange..sounded like my old home really...
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

darnit... thought you might have one of those strong southern accents lol we deal with a few places in Texas... love the accents lol2

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Rob wrote:
desi wrote:
Derek wrote:

is his accent strong?

The Oscars - Page 2 1139249059
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Well, I do say y'all most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 pm

gin wrote:
Rob wrote:
desi wrote:
Derek wrote:

is his accent strong?

The Oscars - Page 2 1139249059

People have told me there are certain words in English too where the Spanish accent comes out but I don't hear it of course.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Rrrrroberto The Oscars - Page 2 3964362800
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

gin wrote:

Well, actually the rolling R is on the second R, Roberrrrto Evil
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

ohhh my! The Oscars - Page 2 2400465566 why yes it is!!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

desi wrote:
darnit... thought you might have one of those strong southern accents lol we deal with a few places in Texas... love the accents lol2

be cool if you called me one day..or something
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Derek wrote:
desi wrote:

be cool if you called me one day..or something

:|

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Derek wrote:
nah i know people with the same decent...it did not sound strange..sounded like my old home really...

i dont have one of these

i have an axsent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Rob wrote:
gin wrote:

Well, actually the rolling R is on the second R, Roberrrrto Evil

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire about the First Lady disagreement, but since I was the one who started it, I do just want to explain what my thinking is on this issue.

My main point was that politics should not be mixed in with a night which is set aside to celebrate the movies. People of all persuasions like movies, and I don't like to see a night at the Oscars turn into something polarizing.

Now, I did also say that by having her present the main award of the evening, it was pushing a political agenda on the audience.

Now, did she say anything remotely political? No, of course she did not. So, why did I say this?

Let me explain my thought. It is well known that the President and First Lady are well liked in Hollywood. Just by having her as a presenter is akin to saying - We really like her and the President!

It is a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I can't imagine them ever inviting Laura Bush or anyone more conservative to be a presenter.

And, although the First Lady is very lovely woman, she has nothing to do with the movies! It was out of place, and as I said, a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I just think they should steer clear of this type of thing.

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 am

i gotcha now Colleen...i understand your view...everyone can have their opinion and i respect yours...i dont want to come off hostile ...but you cant tell in text, so i guess i was coming off like im in attack mode...thats why i talked to rob via phone..i got nothing but love for you guys!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:23 am

I completely agree with you Colleen! i like the Obamas just fine and dont care about politics one way or another... but ya politics to me, has no place in this venue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 am

Agree with all..and on top of this, the Obamas are already thought of as politically in bed with the Hollywood elite...so if they thought this might help build bridges with the conservative part of the country by doing that, I just don't think it helped matters...of course, he has the bully pulpit for 4 years, just like the GOP will when they get back in the White House...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 am

Derek wrote:
i gotcha now Colleen...i understand your view...everyone can have their opinion and i respect yours...i dont want to come off hostile ...but you cant tell in text, so i guess i was coming off like im in attack mode...thats why i talked to rob via phone..i got nothing but love for you guys!

(((Derek)))
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

ladycolleen wrote:
I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire about the First Lady disagreement, but since I was the one who started it, I do just want to explain what my thinking is on this issue.

My main point was that politics should not be mixed in with a night which is set aside to celebrate the movies. People of all persuasions like movies, and I don't like to see a night at the Oscars turn into something polarizing.

Now, I did also say that by having her present the main award of the evening, it was pushing a political agenda on the audience.

Now, did she say anything remotely political? No, of course she did not. So, why did I say this?

Let me explain my thought. It is well known that the President and First Lady are well liked in Hollywood. Just by having her as a presenter is akin to saying - We really like her and the President!

It is a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I can't imagine them ever inviting Laura Bush or anyone more conservative to be a presenter.

And, although the First Lady is very lovely woman, she has nothing to do with the movies! It was out of place, and as I said, a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I just think they should steer clear of this type of thing.

This is how I feel. They never would have invited Laura Bush and if Mitt Romney won there is no way in hell Ann Romney would have been invited.

I compare it to baseball and throwing out the first pitch. That isn't pushing an agenda because it's common for the president, no matter what party, to throw out the first pitch in a baseball game. There is no agenda because they are all invited to throw out the first pitch no matter what party.

Just as a sidenote, when I would go to Astros games they would inevitably show George Bush I on the jumbotron rigth before the game started and he would always get a standing ovation. Once I bought some great seats from a scalper right behind home plate about 20 rows up. Bush's box was right in front of me. When they showed him and he got his ovation and he stood up to wave to the crowd he was right in front of me. It was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 am

Rob..were you checked out, before you got to your seat, by Secret Service?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

Actually no I wasn't. I was surprised too afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am

i understand everyone's points of view and respect them honestly...i love all you guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   The Oscars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oscars
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next