AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Walking Dead - Page 10 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 10 Empty 
gin (20877)
The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 10 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+7
Iggy
Avalon
JJ
Nessess
Ez
gin
Derek
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
gin

The Walking Dead - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Colleen, EZ's link talks about Andrea's hesitating - refers to how they are so casual about killing zombies, but they still hesitate when it comes to humans... but some people are crossing that line and have no problem killing either.
I think she's also fallen for his "glamour" as the rest of the town has. The close up shot of him holding that woman's hands with arthritis... he's acting like a president... and they fall for it.
He lures them in with clothing, bedding, food, medical attention (as we saw with Tyreese and his gang) and in turn, after what they have been through, end up "owing" him.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

that said... prolonged airtime with Andrea always gets on my nerves lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm

You're right MyGin. The governor is acting like a president - or, as I see it, like a deceitful, slimy, dishonest, never to be trusted politician. He's too slick for even naive me to fall for his act.

What's the line they use now - Fear the living more than the dead.

I realize that it's difficult to kill the living, but, Andrea trying to make peace between them was so incredibly naive. And, then to go back to the governor after she had been to the prison! She should know better.

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 pm

well when people are terrified they act very much like animals. when a kind hand is there to stroke them and tell them everything will be okay, feed and give shelter, they do break under that power. you hear about it in cults too. In fact this group he has is very cult-like. they all fear him and all agree with him, want to please him, at the same time. when he praised his meek doctor guy, i almost expected that little guy to kiss Gov's ring.
She was very naive. But she WAS trying to help. Just like she tried to help when they all left her alone. Another point made in EZ's link is that she knew Rick and his group shorter than how long she was with Michone and Gov.
If anything i was more pissed at Michone for not TALKING to Andrea and instaed of blaming her with her annoying pouty face - just tell Andrea what she saw, what they did... no one was telling her Gov almost raped Maggie... etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Exactly, why didn't they tell Andrea what he did to Maggie? It's too bad it looks like Tyrese and his group are joining Woodbury although the chick (I can't remember her name) kinda looked like she didn't trust the Gov.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

ya she seemed suspicious for sure. my heart kind of dropped when they said they'd join the gov in the fight. the article talks about how that group does seem a bit off their rockers, how if see them as an outsider you may feel like Tyrese and the gang. But i disagree. Carl saved them, they all helped bury their dead, they fed, them and gave shelter. in this time, i feel they'd have been greatful
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am

in those kinds of times...walking dead people..no safe place...the governors place would be very easy to choose if you came across it not knowing his evil ways at first...id stay...but i wouldnt abandon my group if i had one already if they chose not too....wish shane was still alive and a character on the show...id be interested in what he'd choose to do..i bet he'd take down govie boy and run that shit himself...him and rick woulda been a great president and vice pres of that town with their people...
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am

I think they could have used SHane during this war, but could Shane have refrained from attempting to kill Rick before now? I doubt it.

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 am

yea they def could use him...rick is just as hardcore now and crazy as he was...they'd mesh better in these times....its lori's fault...they should whacked her first lol
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:23 am

I still hate Lori.

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 am

me too...me too.

i actually like carl now tho....

last two seasons it was like "fucking carl!" but he's grown into his own i think...

even my german friend that i got to start watching was like...dude what the fuck is up with carl! lol...

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 am

Yea, I like Carl now too, he's become a little badass.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Derek wrote:
yea they def could use him...rick is just as hardcore now and crazy as he was...they'd mesh better in these times....its lori's fault...they should whacked her first lol

oh! i never even thought of that!

I hate her too EZ and look - she's STILL haunting Rick and driving him crazy.
Go to the LIGHT!! The Walking Dead - Page 10 1805953252
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm

I think if Rick hadn't been drawn outside the fence by Lori's ghost, things could have gone worse with the Governor's attack...hopefully Tyreese and his wife/girlfriend will eventually see him for what he is, I could care less for the other two in his group, they can be cannon fodder for all I care...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

ya i think the other two are pretty much "fillers" anyway. they seem like dbags.
hmm interesting thought about Rick being outside during the fight.
I'm excited to see Carl's outing with Michone and Rick - he's all tough and stuff now - i think that will be cool
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 pm

meepsrus wrote:
I think if Rick hadn't been drawn outside the fence by Lori's ghost, things could have gone worse with the Governor's attack...hopefully Tyreese and his wife/girlfriend will eventually see him for what he is, I could care less for the other two in his group, they can be cannon fodder for all I care...

She was his daughter in the comics, I think she is his daughter in the show.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm

I thought Sasha was Tyresses sister. lol.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am

tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 am

I liked Chris' comment the other night on TD....for all those women who have said "I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last man on earth...well how ya like me NOW?" lol
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

lol2 yea i remember that part
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks Goof and EZ.

Meeps, I laughed at that as well. I read that this weeks eppie is supposed to be awesome. It is called Clear.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 am

yay

Is it Sunday yet? hm
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Not yet Meeps. 36

I was telling my daughter, Jesus H. Christ, Lori f-eds things up, even when she is dead. Daughter says, this is not Loris fault, this is all Rick. I said, yeah, but I would rather blame Lori. Very Happy

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Your daughter is wrong, it is all Lori's fault, if she hadn't been such a Bitch to Rick, he wouldn't have shunned her the way he did, then he wouldn't have felt as guilty when she died. See it's all her dumb fault!

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Ohh, I like how you think. yay If you look at it that way, it is Loris fault. Very Happy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 pm

OMG, tonights eppie, was awesome.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Iggy wrote:

Yea it was.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Iggy wrote:

Yes! It was!

My husband chuckled at me while I was watching tonight. I said that I haven't yelled at the TV this much since LOST. He agreed!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 am

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am

wow that was amazing. I absolutely looooved the connection that took place last night. Carl was awesome.
There were some amazing artistic shots that mimicked what could have been in the comics... Carl profile/ head down leaning against those bar doors. He looked like a true gunslinger in that shot.
And there was a shot while Rick was talking to Morgan... he was far left just his side profile with his giant gun against his thigh - it looked just like a comic shot, again like a gunslinger.
I just love those tiny distinctions that make this show amazing
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 am

Michone smiling... was so touching. I thought she got bit while getting that picture... but was so pleased seeing her actually smile at that prize she collected.
this was a pivotal trip for all 3.
Poor Morgan. "he's not okay" was a sad statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am

Phenomenal episode...readers had so much hope at Morgan coming back, and it was sad seeing what he'd become....but they left a door open for him to show up again....he knows they're at the prison...

I sure hope they packed a bunch of grenades in those white plastic grocery bags...they'll come in handy against the Lovernor...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

I would have left Morgan 2 guns and taken the rest, he wasn't that batshit crazy in the comics, I hope he comes to his senses and joins the group.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:24 am

I don't think he's as gone as he acts...he acted like he wanted Rick to kill him, but he sure had the whrewithal do it to himself many times over...I thought the guests on Talking Dead did a very thoughtful dissection of Morgan...in the book, does he have that mousetrap setup in the town?
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 am

i agree EZ i was kind of miffed they went through all that to only get too bags of guns and ammo.
i'd like to see Morgan make his way to the prison... but he seemed pretty far gone to me.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 am

gin wrote:
i agree EZ i was kind of miffed they went through all that to only get too bags of guns and ammo.
i'd like to see Morgan make his way to the prison... but he seemed pretty far gone to me.

But Daryl got a new crossbow!

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

meepsrus wrote:
I don't think he's as gone as he acts...he acted like he wanted Rick to kill him, but he sure had the whrewithal do it to himself many times over...I thought the guests on Talking Dead did a very thoughtful dissection of Morgan...in the book, does he have that mousetrap setup in the town?

No, he isn't crazy at all in the comic, just lonely. NO booby traps or anything, he is still in Rick's neighbors house. In the comic he leaves with Rick when Rick shows up, he leaves Duane alive as a walker because he isn't able to kill him.

Last edited by Ez on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

ahhh interesting!

i think the Rick that returned to the prison that day would have picked up the hitchhiker had he not been torn to bits.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:33 am

Ez wrote:
gin wrote:

But Daryl got a new crossbow!

i saw that! and a bunch of arrows! The Walking Dead - Page 10 1247806006
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 am

gin wrote:
ahhh interesting!

i think the Rick that returned to the prison that day would have picked up the hitchhiker had he not been torn to bits.

Yea, I think so too. I think (hope) Rick is finally over his visions of Lori.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am

me too. did he have them in the comics?

looooved the "here take the keys - i see things" The Walking Dead - Page 10 2666332500
it's been a long time since we've seen him smile or make a joke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 am

Hope there was something worthwhile in that back pack...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

gin wrote:
me too. did he have them in the comics?

looooved the "here take the keys - i see things" The Walking Dead - Page 10 2666332500
it's been a long time since we've seen him smile or make a joke

Visions, no. BUt he did carry the phone around that he talked to Lori on. He and Michonne have a similar conversation where she tells him about her Boyfriend and brother( her 2 pets) it is when they start to bond in the comic. She and Rick are very close in the comic. I hope it becomes that way on the show.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 am

Close, as in a relationship? gross
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 am

meepsrus wrote:
Hope there was something worthwhile in that back pack...

He was probably a serial killer and the bag was full of heads. tongue

Ez

meepsrus wrote:
Close, as in a relationship? gross

No, it was more like brother/sister. Michonne hooks up with Tyreese in the comic.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 am

I also thought the ending was unbelievable beautiful, when they are driving back to the prison on that winding road with "Lead me Home" playing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next