AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Walking Dead - Page 11 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty 
gin (20877)
The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyThe Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+7
Iggy
Avalon
JJ
Nessess
Ez
gin
Derek
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage

The Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 am

ladycolleen wrote:
I also thought the ending was unbelievable beautiful, when they are driving back to the prison on that winding road with "Lead me Home" playing.

That accident in the road, where the Walker was pinned under the truck, must have happened since Rick came thru the first time. Pretty recent too, by the looks of the really dead people in the cars. Implies there might be many pockets of survivors around.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 am

gin wrote:
wow that was amazing. I absolutely looooved the connection that took place last night. Carl was awesome.
There were some amazing artistic shots that mimicked what could have been in the comics... Carl profile/ head down leaning against those bar doors. He looked like a true gunslinger in that shot.
And there was a shot while Rick was talking to Morgan... he was far left just his side profile with his giant gun against his thigh - it looked just like a comic shot, again like a gunslinger.
I just love those tiny distinctions that make this show amazing

I don't know, last night's episode had it's moments but I thought it was a little slow. Michone (or however you spell her name) is starting to grow on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 am

Rob - It was a little show action wise, but I think that was because of they chose to do some character development on last night's episode.

The ending, which I LOVED - I love that song!- was uncharacteristically long. They usually have some dramatic, action packed ending that ends abruptly. But, watching them driving down the road, listening to those lyrics, made for a more reflective kind of emotional ending.

I think that was the overall feeling from last night's show - more reflective.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 am

Ez wrote:
gin wrote:
me too. did he have them in the comics?

looooved the "here take the keys - i see things" The Walking Dead - Page 11 2666332500
it's been a long time since we've seen him smile or make a joke

Visions, no. BUt he did carry the phone around that he talked to Lori on. He and Michonne have a similar conversation where she tells him about her Boyfriend and brother( her 2 pets) it is when they start to bond in the comic. She and Rick are very close in the comic. I hope it becomes that way on the show.

i love this inside info The Walking Dead - Page 11 3601706562
i wish they'd had mentioned her pets were her kin when they talked about it before.
i love that they'll have a good relationship. i thought the bond last night was really cool
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 am

ladycolleen wrote:
I also thought the ending was unbelievable beautiful, when they are driving back to the prison on that winding road with "Lead me Home" playing.

i agree. it was a touching episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am

Reflective...and cautionary. Rick had the chance to see himself in a crystal ball, in Morgan. He got to see where he'd end up, if he continued keeping people at arm's length, not giving them a chance, as Herschel said. Unfortunately he might have gotten the lesson one person too late, as he lost Tyreese to the other side, fo rnow anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:00 pm

ladycolleen wrote:
Rob - It was a little show action wise, but I think that was because of they chose to do some character development on last night's episode.

The ending, which I LOVED - I love that song!- was uncharacteristically long. They usually have some dramatic, action packed ending that ends abruptly. But, watching them driving down the road, listening to those lyrics, made for a more reflective kind of emotional ending.

I did like the end and I thought the song was a good choice. I hope Morgan ends up going to the prison.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 pm

ladycolleen wrote:

i agree - this was the moment when we saw the change in Rick ... and the connection between Michone and her being accepted into their family. I feel Rick is coming back finally. I absolutely loved it. And Carl. what a cool kid. he loves his sister and will be the protector i feel.
i loved how well written it was too. The drive up was so tense and terse and uncomfortable. Leaving that person was cruel but they didnt care. On the way back, the mood was completely different. and i know they felt for that guy that they could have helped. Grabbing the napsack was sad, but it just shows how cruel the world is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 pm

You watch TD afterwards? I like the one comment....how are they going to find a picture of Shane, so Judith knows what her father looks like? tongue
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 11 2666332500 i havent watched TD yet but that's pretty funny
And my handsome lawyer from Hart of Dixie was on The Walking Dead - Page 11 3925848005

good point about the reflection Meeps. He was lecturing Morgan, but really defining himself and what he needs to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 pm

gin wrote:
ladycolleen wrote:

i agree - this was the moment when we saw the change in Rick ... and the connection between Michone and her being accepted into their family. I feel Rick is coming back finally. I absolutely loved it. And Carl. what a cool kid. he loves his sister and will be the protector i feel.
i loved how well written it was too. The drive up was so tense and terse and uncomfortable. Leaving that person was cruel but they didnt care. On the way back, the mood was completely different. and i know they felt for that guy that they could have helped. Grabbing the napsack was sad, but it just shows how cruel the world is now.

I felt the same way! Driving out, you see how hardened they have become. That poor guy yelling at them to stop and pick him up.

And then, as the episode unfolds, watching them become more reflective and opening up more to each other was so touching.

But, it is still a very cruel and harsh world. I think picking up that guy's sack was a reminder of that.

Awesome writing and awesome episode! This show just gets better and better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

On TD one of the questions was if the hitchhiker was a child, would they have stopped and picked the child up? They all thought they would have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I think they would have yes, even going into the town. They're not THAT far gone...yet...they've been more the victims of horror, than the perpetrators of it, like the Governor's henchmen.

Weren't the saying scribbled all over the walls in the town creepy? I got the vibe of Col Kurtz's hideout in Apocalypse Now, and really Morgan's mentality isn't too different from Kurtz, I thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

gin wrote:
The Walking Dead - Page 11 2666332500 i havent watched TD yet but that's pretty funny
And my handsome lawyer from Hart of Dixie was on The Walking Dead - Page 11 3925848005

good point about the reflection Meeps. He was lecturing Morgan, but really defining himself and what he needs to do.

yay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 pm

meepsrus wrote:
I think they would have yes, even going into the town. They're not THAT far gone...yet...they've been more the victims of horror, than the perpetrators of it, like the Governor's henchmen.

Weren't the saying scribbled all over the walls in the town creepy? I got the vibe of Col Kurtz's hideout in Apocalypse Now, and really Morgan's mentality isn't too different from Kurtz, I thought.

Yes, how creepy!

And all those very inventive traps that he set! Good way to save on the amo! 55
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 pm

There must be an armory nearby. No local cop station would have had ALL those hand grenades... he must just go out there, and clean them off the booby traps from time to time...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm

I loved this ep, I like how they are showing Michonne open up, I am glad CArl said she is one of us. They need her as much as she needs them.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm

The difference between Andrea and her is apparent...Andrea sees a home in Woodbury, but Michonne picks the prison...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Yea, but Andrea shouldn't be in Woodbury sbob

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

She needs to make her choice, for good...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm

She needs to be the inside woman, help tear down Woodbury from within.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Like a Mata Hari tongue
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Rick is british? oh my oyou
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 pm

His real name is Andrew Clutterbuck. True story.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm

ladycolleen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
OMG, tonights eppie, was awesome.

Yes! It was!

My husband chuckled at me while I was watching tonight. I said that I haven't yelled at the TV this much since LOST. He agreed!
lol, me too. Very Happy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

ladycolleen wrote:
On TD one of the questions was if the hitchhiker was a child, would they have stopped and picked the child up? They all thought they would have.
My first thought,was when they saw the lone hitch hiker, was it was a trap, he had others hiding in the woods, ready to swarm the car, when they stopped. I was wrong. But given the people they have met in the past, their distrust, is merited.

While I would like to think they would stop for a child, if I was in their situation, and having gone what they have gone through, I would be very, very wary of a lone child on the side of the road. Maybe in the first season, kinda in the second season, but not in the third season. For the same reason, a trap. In crazy times, people are not above using a child to play on the sympathy of others. Harsh, I know, but probably very true.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 pm

I hate to make this comparison, but here it goes.

I once lived in Manhattan, NYC. Now, New Yorkers are often called selfish and cold because they will often not stop to help someone in need.

Ya know why they don't stop and help? Because more often than not it is a trap! To rob you or worse! I have had personal experience in this regard.

The same reason why Rick wouldn't stop for the hitchhiker.

It's not that he has lost his humanity.

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 am

i never considerred a trap. good point
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

gin wrote:
Rick is british? oh my oyou

So is Morgan...these guys hide their accents really well.

Morning :x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 am

JJ wrote:

It's just fine that he calls himself Lincoln 55
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 am

The accident on the highway was where I was really fearing an ambush....wonder why there was so much mud in the road when the rest of the area seemed pretty dry - it was an elevated highway, it wsn't a low lying part of the road...I was afraid that Walkers would be hiding in the woods. And apparently they were because the hitchhiker was attacked not far from the accident...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am

JJ wrote:

i cant see the pic... but i enjoyed the accent Embarassed

also JJ - i dreamt about Daryl last night The Walking Dead - Page 11 698339173
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am

Was he wearing his squirrel pelts on his belt? lol
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 am

ladycolleen wrote:
I hate to make this comparison, but here it goes.

I once lived in Manhattan, NYC. Now, New Yorkers are often called selfish and cold because they will often not stop to help someone in need.

Ya know why they don't stop and help? Because more often than not it is a trap! To rob you or worse! I have had personal experience in this regard.

The same reason why Rick wouldn't stop for the hitchhiker.

It's not that he has lost his humanity.

That's a really good point. When I went to Houston I was told never to help anyone on the side of the road with car problems, that most oftentimes it was a trap. I wasn't used to that since those things don't happen down here and when someone needs help you stop and help.

If we accept that the mud may have been a trap could it be that the walkers are developing the ability to think and reason and not just some mindless zombie looking for food?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 am

That last is the scary part, Rob....anybody that has read the comics know if that happens?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

No, they are mindless in the comics, the humans are the dangerous ones

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:18 pm

yes, kill the dead, fear the living. or something along those lines The Walking Dead - Page 11 1091913718

My gf started watching on the weekend. She got through 1/2 of the first show and was like "meh" and left. she said i dont want to watch a show about stupid zombies. Her hubby kept watching so finally she came back at around ep 4. she played with her phone and was half watching. by the end of ep 4 she was yelling ohmygod! at the tv. they have just finished the "Sophia comes out of the barn" episode The Walking Dead - Page 11 1805953252 she was freaking out to talk about it this morning The Walking Dead - Page 11 2666332500
that whole scene still haunts me
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 11 6717911_460s_v1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

You mean Daryl isn't in the comic book at all?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

No, neither Dixon bros are in the comics,they were created just for the show.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Now that I think about it, I remember Kirkman saying something about that on TD.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

That being said, I think Daryl and Rick are the only two "sure things" to survive the season

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, Daryl was created for TV, so he's probably subject more to the whims of the TV writers..and I doubt the writers want to kiil off a fan favorite too soon...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm

i sure as eff hope so!!!
I thought Daryl was in it for a short burst?
EZ how much longer do the comics go on after where were are now in teh tv series? do we have lots to see yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

I last remember reading the prison story line is about a third of the way through.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Yea, the comics are about 2 story arcs or seasons ahead of the show.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

BUt I fully expect them to keep adding new things, like the CDC, they never went there in the comics, they also weren't on the farm as long in the comics as they were on the show.

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

gin wrote:
i never considerred a trap. good point

That is so sweet, MyGin! You have obviously lived in places and with people who are basically trustworthy. You do not have that "antenna" up that is very wary of people because you have had so much experience with "traps."

Unfortunately, I grew up in a place like that. You learn really really quickly that more often than not, people are trying to take advantage of you for their own gain.

Sad but true.

I so understand that mentality. And, it becomes very difficult in life to try to maintain your humanity, and treat people with goodness, when so much of your experience has taught you to not trust people.

That's one of the reasons I like this show. It's quite a balancing act in life to be a good person, and a kind person, but also to be a wise person who is not so naive as to think all people are good. That's one of the lessons these people are learning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next