AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix Empty 
gin (20877)
Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBill60

MrBill60

Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix Empty
PostSubject: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptyFri May 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 1:11 am

I'll watch it. I'll accept what's offered. I'll regret what's been taken away.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 1:44 pm

S1 was a masterpiece, S2 not so much. I can only hope that the finale reaches S1 quality, but a least we have a finale. Surprisingly, sometimes fans do make a difference.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:22 pm

S1 was indeed a masterpiece. S2 got caught up in repetition and in filler. Plus and strangely, the northern European men were given the traditionally best story lines. Although Sun rivaled them on occasion. But she needed a prison break much more immediately. And frankly the Sense8 Sibs needed to unite much earlier than they did. And I wish the writers had done better with Capheus, Lito, and Kala. Capheus especially whose story and character were dismally emasculated. Even with a better actor, I don't think his moping around was acceptable given where the season 1 character ended up. But with the writing, no wonder the first actor quit. Lito was simply weaker than his charismatic boyfriend and their lustful live-in woman friend. Although he did have a great moment in the elevator with the young actor who embraced him and said thank you for coming out. As for Kala she was trapped in the worst duo arc and in one of the most ridiculous sex scenes in any production. She is someone who needed to get out her locale no later than episode 3. Capheus too. Plus Lito needed to confide to his household about his metaphysical existence. That would have strengthened that dynamic. Also didn't care for the woman Sense8 who challenged Wolfgang. She was dull. The storyline was dull.

S2 Great moments:

one of the best: how Sun defeated the one boy in a tournament and then they had sex in the locker room after he congratulated her.

Sun on the screen no matter what she did. Her drive for revenge was particularly juicy.  

Will's druggy state and how the plot allowed (or favored) him to respond to the enemy. Plus Will pounding the crap out of Whispers.

Felix regaining consciousness. The duo was back again.

Amanita seeing all or most of the Sense8's together when they (finally) joined forces. We saw through her eyes.

The elevator scene between Lito and the young actor. It was quiet and quick but intense.

there are others.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:27 pm

I barely remember S2.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Still get chills ...

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 4:11 pm

vonnegut wrote:
I barely remember S2.

Well, it was without a doubt the weaker season.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
Still get chills ...

I get chills at that other scene, where Wolfgang is in the pool and they all have sex with each other.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat May 19, 2018 4:32 pm

and yes the song gave me chills...

then there's this. the opening credits. of season 1 anyway.

and yes the pool orgy Wolfgang hosted with both his body and mind... pool
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptyTue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks for posting this.  I would have completely missed it.  I think I'll rewatch the last episode or two to refresh my memory before watching the finale.  

I'm really glad TPTB decided to do this.  I know many of us were caught up in it from the first episode.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 10:20 pm

It's dropping today! I'll have to check it out
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 pm

It proved way better than I thought it would be. It would have been better as a season or a half a season. But I recommend it. To be honest, it surprised me here and there.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I too enjoyed it and I have to admit to tears in my eyes a few times. The only scene I wished they had included was a shot of that collaborator Sense8 (Lila? -- the one that delivered Wolfgang to Whispers) and of course Whispers himself with shocked faces as they realized their getaway was about to go South.

Thoroughly enjoyed the green fairies from season one serving a very special brownie to Nomi's mom. rotfl

I'm hesitant to comment further as others may not have viewed it yet. It really is a good finale and brings closure to a number of things.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 1:50 pm

The concept that I missed the most and mostly that the condensed time would not allow was the process that all the companions would have undergone when learning the Sense8 secret. In a half season the telling of companions could have proven important milestones. Including companions realizing that one or two inexplicable scenes from the past (Will choking and lashing out at the bar or making out with no one in his apartment; Kala fainting during her wedding or singing in a different language) now have context. Can you imagine Felix's response to Wolfgang telling him? That would have been superb! Hernando and Daniela? He would have been mad for not being told earlier. She would have been erotic. They're still both more dynamic than Lito, but he had a moment or two.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 pm

I enjoyed it and was great seeing the reunions.  What I found funny was that everyone was partying in plain sight in the street cafe's in Naples, eating pizza like there was no threat.  I guess drive-by's don't happen in Naples, or those cafe's are off-limits to the BPO security forces. But the last 15 minutes was superbly edited with great music and equaled the quality of the first season... it made me smile.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm

I liked that the new Capheus was put on the back-burner, he just doesn't have it like the original actor.  Unfortunately so was Lito and company.   I really like Bug, what a great character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix   Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix Empty

Back to top Go down

Sense8 Finale - June 8 on Netflix
Page 1 of 1