AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inthe umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Emptythe umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Emptythe umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Empty 
gin (20877)
the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Emptythe umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Emptythe umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davidalan

davidalan

the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Empty
PostSubject: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm on the third episode. Weirdly different from season 1 but still great fun.

stuntdog likes this post

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 pm

On episode 8. Still having fun.

couch

stuntdog likes this post

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 2:48 am

WARNING: Do not type Umbrella Academy Season 2 (or otherwise) into google because you will be automatically inundated with spoilers in the entry titles alone.

dramatic

I finished the series and then was looking for opinions and the like when BLAM. That main topic was the not the first thing I would have wanted to see. Google in this instance does not care about your need for wonder and surprise.

tap
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 3:43 pm

I'm binging this. On episode 3 currently.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:37 am

Really enjoying this season too. So many great quotes. A couple I jotted down:
Imagine Batman....then aim lower (Five on Diego)
So much hostility in such a tiny package (Lila on Five)
Wonder if it’s too late to be unadopted (Five)

Also these 'siblings' just love to dance!

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 1:07 am

Mid way through ep 8. Love this and the cast. Hooray for the lesbo scene!!!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:11 pm

What!? I didn't know this came out!!! Yay something to watch!!

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 am

Finished it earlier tonight. So much fun to watch. Not much about it inspires a discussion though. Kinda like Doom Patrol.

Speaking of which, the girl with the black hair and many personalities, I keep thinking she's the actress who played the lead in Glee. She's not but I went all of season one trying to figure out where I know her from and only just recently did I figure it out.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Season 2 The Umbrella Academy   yay   woooo   eee

Watched three episodes so far.   I am enjoying it very much.  Just what a gal needs during a pandemic.

Hi David, Big John, Stunt dog, Desi  hai
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 4:04 am

Watched the first two episodes... SUPRISE SUPRISE nothing but left-wing propaganda... why does everything have to push some sort of message, I just want to watch a good story.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 4:16 am

I had no problem with the left wing propaganda. And why write something if there's not a "message?" Besides it was the 60's. Everything was political.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 am

I think I may just be hitting a point where I have watched too much TV LOL some shows are too predictable for me, takes the fun out of it.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 11:42 am

I have rarely experienced a show where there wasn't some predictability. Even ones I like or admire. It's hard to write about something that hasn't been written yet. You don't have to like UA Season 2. I myself couldn't really get into Stranger Things Season 3. There I definitely found a lot of repetition. But other folks loved it. So there you are.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 pm

You're right, agreed

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 4:51 pm

I didn't care about the tone set by the propaganda considering the whole show is about a group of time travelers with super powers. If I can suspend enough disbelief to enjoy that, I can handle a some political bullshit.

I like the new girl, the one who is into Diego. She was in a show called Humans which I adored. Sadly it was canceled. Gladly, she's in this now.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Lila? I can never remember the character name. She's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)    the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)  Empty

Back to top Go down

the umbrella academy on netflix season 2 (no spoiler thread)
Page 1 of 1