Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:14 am

That was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:26 pm

I think my favorite was the "Walking on Sunshine and don't it feel good" bit, it's the perfect theme song for the Mars delegation.  The orders prior to disembarking were 'Stay strong and don't let the Earthers see any weakness', lol.   It's not so much the gravity difference, and the Martian Marines fare a bit better because they train in 1 G, but it's the horizon that causes "Earth sickness".  They're used to living in domes and the Earth's horizon causes severe disorientation.  Just love the little details like this throughout the series.   Of course Avasarala is "The Queen", lol.  I also love Drummer -such a badass!  What a great find in casting Cara Gee.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:36 pm

I love Drummer! During her season 3 speech before the Behemoth enters the ring I sometimes want to stand up and pound a table with my fist or the floor with my foot.
Back to top Go down
TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 am

The bits with Miller had me busting up. Like he's some sort of playa. I thought the X-Files Theme during the scene in the hotel room on Eros was about appropriate. Of course who doesn't love Drummer? I hope that when the time comes to install a ventilation system in Anderson Dawes's cranium she performs the procedure.

People might not realize just how foul of a creature Dawes is. In his own way he's probably worse than Errinwright. What I mean by that is that there was a degree of magnanimity to Errinwright crimes, because he was thinking of Earth primarily. Going about it all wrong, yes, but at the basis his motives was centered on others. Not that it matters in the final tally. Crimes against humanity for some "higher purpose" are still crimes against humanity. By comparison, Dawes might say he is acting for the good of the Belt, and for the Belters, might even believe that, but what he really means is that he himself is "the good of the Belt". He's every petty crime lord who fancies himself a benevolent leader, from Al Capone to Pablo Escobar. His actions regarding Ashford reveal his character and nature. Klaes Ashford was, if you recall, a pirate. But following the incident at Ganymede something of a formal Space Navy is created by the OPA. The Belters would never accept Fred Johnson, an Earther, as a leader without Dawes, but Ashford is a Belter, thus a possible rival for leadership. Dawes gives Ashford a high position in the Space Navy and then sets him up for failure, ordering him to take command of the Leviathan on what is almost certainly a fool's errand to the ring. Ashford does not disappoint, nearly getting the entire human race killed, but he was actually in a no-win scenario. Even if he had chosen Option D: Don't Be A Douchenozzle, Don't Undermine Drummer, And Oh Yeah, Maybe Holden Isn't Nucking Futs it still would not have worked out for him back at Ceres because Drummer would have taken all the glory. That's why I say I want Drummer to be the one to end Dawes's miserable existence. She's the new hero of the Belters so she's the new threat to Dawes.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Jared Harris is fantastic as Dawes and I missed him in S3.   Hopefully we'll see more of him in S4 before Drummer ventilates him.  (I hope not.) :goof:

My favorite scene of his was with Miller when he related the true story about his sister.  We can see exactly what influenced him to start his Extremist "Black Sky" movement.

Some more detail:  Dawes has a scar on his neck from the old space helmets that malfunction and leave burns- the mark of the Rock Hopper.  I guess the new helmets don't do this but the younger generation get tats around their neck to show their Belter heritage based on the scars left by the old generation helmets.

It looks like some Rock Hoppers still use outdated, cheap equipment.  Diogo's uncle clears a live wire from his helmet, he actually opens his helmet quickly to remove it, lol.   It's probably not the first time he had to make quick repairs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   

Back to top Go down

The Expanse - Syfy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3