AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyNFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyNFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyNFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyNFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019

Go down 
+2
Paul_nsguy
Peggy Sawyer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Man, I got 4 right, not including tonight's game. That's piss-poor no matter how you look at it.  ?

HRD picks with his heart this week by picking the Saints over the 'Boys. Damn traitor! J/K
Damn Nsguy picks the Saints as well. Don't worry I know where he lives.
Peggy stuck with me. Love you Peggy Sawyer!  heart2

We all picked the Colts against the Raiders except, Peggy. We all picked the Falcons except Iwannablost. We all picked the Texans against the Panthers, except Madmen. We all picked the Ravens. Sorry Davidalan.

davidalan wrote:
browns triumph on the road. maybe they should move out of town?

lions in another close game struggle. playing tougher than i thought they would.
They put up a lot of 2nd-half points Sunday. That means, they made some half-time changes that worked.

You know BA, Matt Patricia has the Lions playing a lot better on both sides of the ball. Good for them.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I thought Kathi was IwannabLost.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Hodge, yeah, you had a BAD week. Take some comfort in the fact that even the top performers only had a few points more than you so far; you're only five points out of the lead (*cough*who could that be*cough*) with 13 weeks left in the regular season; and you still might pick up a point tonight.

I've spectated enough of these things to know that you never say die, Hodge, and more than enough to know that you often cry wolf. tongue

Last edited by His Royal Dorkness on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 pm

His Royal Dorkness wrote:
I thought Kathi was IwannabLost.

Not kathi (sorry, brain fart); I meant pippin.

Congrats on rising to the top again, Mo. What maddens me this week is that I changed three picks at the last minute, all of which lost. Shouldn't second-guess myself!
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks, Peggy Sawyer. Although SpiderManHouston joins "New Year/Same Team" (pippin?) and Hodge and i amongst the ranks of those who've won a week this season, i feel i got a bit lucky in the upsets i picked in a crazy week and will take the lead WAY early in the season, and i feel lucky to do so.

I don't think i recall a pippen... judgy1
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 11:17 am

I don't think i recall a pippen... judgy1

Scot?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 pm

I didn't know Scot was a sports fan. I guess if anybody around here would know about that, it'd be TBC.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:32 am

He's not so far as I know, but he's the only one who I can think of who would be using "Pippen".
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 pm

The only game I'm sure of this week is the Patriots vs. Redskins.
Washington is a bad team, and rumor has it, Gruden doesn't last through next week.

Tonight's game is really tough. Will the Rams look like a Super Bowl team, or will that be the Seahawks. Oh TBC!
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Come on, everyone. Go ahead and pick the Rams.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 am

So...did everyone pick the Rams?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 9:01 am

Hodgepodge wrote:
The only game I'm sure of this week is the Patriots vs. Redskins.
Washington is a bad team, and rumor has it, Gruden doesn't last through next week.

Tonight's game is really tough. Will the Rams look like a Super Bowl team, or will that be the Seahawks. Oh TBC!
There are a few big-spread games this week. Philly is giving 13.5 points against the Jets and the Chiefs are giving 11 to the Colts. If we were picking against the spread i gotta think two touchdowns is an awful lot for the Eagles to give to any NFL team, even a Jets team not starting Sam Darnold.

There are a few coin-flip picks too, though. Will you be picking your Cowboys this week, Hodge? I think Green Bay's defense might be up to the task of stopping Zeke and thus shutting down the entire Dallas offense, as their secondary is better than Dallas's passing game, but Dallas is at home and Zeke only needs a little bit of leverage to get going hot, plus he got shut down last week and i don't like the odds of that happening twice in a row. So coin-flip it is.

Arizona at Bengals, Buffalo at Tennessee, Browns at Niners... all tossups IMO

TBC wrote:
There were a couple takers, but most of us had Seattle.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Could New Year/Same Team be vincentstuntdbl#23? I know he likes football but don't remember if he's taken part in the pick'ems...
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 6:34 pm

TBC wrote:

...There were a couple takers, but most of us had Seattle.
I was another who picked the Seahawks. But, it had nothing to do with football.

The placing of the former owner in the "Ring of Honor". That old "12th-man" thingy you guys got going up there.

There are a few big-spread games this week. Philly is giving 13.5 points against the Jets and the Chiefs are giving 11 to the Colts. If we were picking against the spread i gotta think two touchdowns is an awful lot for the Eagles to give to any NFL team, even a Jets team not starting Sam Darnold...
You know HRD, I've tried to get Spidey to change our Pick'ems to use spread for several seasons. I'm not sure he's able to change it.

I heard Darnold will sit-out another week to make sure he can survive a game (must read article). So, if we played with the spread, I might give those 13.5 points and take the Eagles.
I'm pretty sure I'd take the points against the Chiefs. Colts still have a tough Defense, and the Chiefs' is suspect.

...There are a few coin-flip picks too, though. Will you be picking your Cowboys this week, Hodge? I think Green Bay's defense might be up to the task of stopping Zeke and thus shutting down the entire Dallas offense, as their secondary is better than Dallas's passing game, but Dallas is at home and Zeke only needs a little bit of leverage to get going hot, plus he got shut down last week and i don't like the odds of that happening twice in a row. So coin-flip it is...
With both of the 'Boys Tackles out this week, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the Packers. But, don't tell Peggy.

...Arizona at Bengals, Buffalo at Tennessee, Browns at Niners... all tossups IMO...
Yeah, that Cards/Bengals game is a tossup. They're both bad teams, but I'll probably go with the experienced QB. If I'm not mistaken, the Bills QB (Allen) is still in concussion-protocol, which means he'll probably miss the game. Are the 49ers pretenders to the NFC-West throne?

Could New Year/Same Team be vincentstuntdbl#23? I know he likes football but don't remember if he's taken part in the pick'ems...
I'm pretty sure he's played in the past, but I have no idea of his moniker.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 11:29 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
TBC wrote:

...There were a couple takers, but most of us had Seattle.
I was another who picked the Seahawks. But, it had nothing to do with football.

The placing of the former owner in the "Ring of Honor". That old "12th-man" thingy you guys got going up there.

...Arizona at Bengals, Buffalo at Tennessee, Browns at Niners... all tossups IMO...
Yeah, that Cards/Bengals game is a tossup. They're both bad teams, but I'll probably go with the experienced QB. If I'm not mistaken, the Bills QB (Allen) is still in concussion-protocol, which means he'll probably miss the game. Are the 49ers pretenders to the NFC-West throne?

Paul Allen's sister is doing a solid by deciding to not sell the team. Vulcan Holdings is the company which he set up to manage all of his assets, she's in charge now, and she knows how much the Seahawks meant to him. Some things are getting transferred off. The collection of vintage aircraft at Paine Field in Everett (including a Polikarpov PO-2 "Kukuruzhnik" biplane in the livery of the Red Air Force's "Night Witches") has been turned over to Non-Profit and kept intact.

As for the Niners..definite pretenders. So far they have beaten the Bungles, the Roethlispergerless Steelers, and the Bucs in Ariens's first game at the helm. Their people in the Trash Talk FP page are cocks of the walk, acting like they have already won the Super Bowl. Really they are primed for a rug-pulling. I'd love to see Mayfield and his pals deliver an OSBD on MNF.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 am

Hodgepodge wrote:
You know HRD, I've tried to get Spidey to change our Pick'ems to use spread for several seasons. I'm not sure he's able to change it.
That's fine with me. I'll play either way. I think picking against the spread is more difficult, which IMO makes it easier to compete in a Pick'ems league, but it does have a tendency to scare people off, and our league seems thin enough.

Hodgepodge wrote:
With both of the 'Boys Tackles out this week, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the Packers. But, don't tell Peggy.
https://insidethestar.com/packers-cowboys-2019-final-week-5-injury-reports

Hodgepodge wrote:
I think Allen is cleared to play today, but he may have missed some practice.

TBC wrote:
As for the Niners..definite pretenders. So far they have beaten the Bungles, the Roethlispergerless Steelers, and the Bucs in Ariens's first game at the helm. Their people in the Trash Talk FP page are cocks of the walk, acting like they have already won the Super Bowl. Really they are primed for a rug-pulling. I'd love to see Mayfield and his pals deliver an OSBD on MNF.
I agree that San Fransisco won't be making the playoffs this year, but i'm not entirely convinced that their slide starts tomorrow night. Cleveland is a good enough team to beat them IMO, but with the game in SF, i'm just not sure. I'll probably rely on the coin.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:58 pm

I really did agonize over the Cowboys pick this week, and Cincinnati and i wavered some over Carolina and Buffalo.

Philly CRUSHED that spread, Hodge old buddy, but the Patriots have the greatest margin of victory so far this week. But Houston put up 53(!!!) after averaging less than 20 points per game so far this season. I wonder if ANYbody had Houston as their team to score the most points this week.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 1:49 pm

I hope Hodge didn't do anything drastic after the dramatic NLDS upset of his beloved Dodgers. He hasn't stopped by here in a week and forgot to pick the Patriots this week!

We miss you, Hodge, and hope everything is okay.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 am

Another tough week to call, but iwannablost prevailed with some gutsy underdog picks. There's just no guessing what will happen these days. I mean, Pittsburgh's third-string QB wins over the Chargers in LA? Jets beat Dallas? Atlanta loses to AZ? (Granted, that one isn't as shocking, but there's no reason Atlanta should be so bad this year.) On and on. The one factor that seems a factor in all this is the kicking. I've never seen such a deterioration of the NFL kicking game. Vets, rookies, it doesn't matter, and it seems to apply to both point-after attempts and field goals. It's getting so that a reliable kicker will soon be an expensive commodity for a team, so rare (and so significant) is the role becoming.

Wacky weekend; the contest is still tight and might take some daring choices to win. Or not.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Yeah, only 6 points separate our top 7 contestants, and nobody is necessarily eliminated at this point.

Moving the PAT line back 13 yards ~ 5 years ago has definitely had an effect. As far as field goals go, your observation hold statistical water; check this out:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/kicking.htm

FG percentages have generally risen over the years, with a few hiccoughs, but this year's league-wide percentage has fallen off by almost 5 points, to a level not seen in ~ 15 years.

Teams in general are trying more longer field goals. That had fallen off after the rule change about the spot of the ball after missed field goals, but it's back again, and may be contributing to some degree, though that alone definitely couldn't account for a 5 point drop in accuracy.

With the rule change that moved back kickoff tees taken into account too, a kicker who can boot the ball out of the back of the end zone OR reliably pin a team back behind the ten yard line is another valuable skill.

So when we combine all these factors, i think it shows how important a truly great kicker can be, and it's not hard to understand why a franchise might be willing to take a significant cap hit to keep one. I still gotta laugh at the idea that an injury to Gostkowski could be the reason IF the Patriots miss the Superbowl, but to me that has more to do with the Patriots and what they are as a team than the idea that kickers are important.

As for all the upsets this week, the Jets win was the biggest to me personally, even though they were at home and had Darnold back. I really thought that the Dallas defense was starting to gel, but they weren't showing it this week. It was only Darnold's first week back, too.

I've gone back and forth with my pick for tonight's game a few times. The Lions are a good team this year and are coming off a bye week into a divisional game, plus Green Bay's secondary is dealing with a lot of injury.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:11 am

As soon as I go off about kickers, the Lions-Packers game is basically a clinic for kicking. Detroit's Matt Prater (the best in the business, imo) kicks at least five, and Green Bay's Mason Crosby kicks one to win the game by one point with time expiring. That's football.

I think another theme of this season is the NFL's dream come true, which is parity. Anyone seems able to win (or lose) at any time, regardless of conditions. Monday's game was another decided by under a touchdown (that makes nine this week) and one of four decided by two points or fewer. How do they expect us to pick these things?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 pm

I hope Hodge didn't do anything drastic after the dramatic NLDS upset of his beloved Dodgers. He hasn't stopped by here in a week and forgot to pick the Patriots this week!

We miss you, Hodge, and hope everything is okay.
Thanks for thinking about me. heart2

TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) lost her father 10-days ago. So, we flew to New Orleans for the services.
Our daughters flew in from NoCal, it was nice seeing them, even under the circumstances.

And, because of the aforementioned, I didn't make a single pick this past week.
Add to that, there were a couple of SoCal brush-fires this past week. And, if some of you remember, she's still having trouble coping with them.

So, she decided to stay in the "Crescent City" with her sisters to help their mother.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:36 pm

I made no headway last week, and this week doesn't get any better.

How many of you plan on picking the Pack against the Chiefs? Yeah, "Mahomey" isn't playing, but is that a good reason?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Aaron Rodgers vs Matt Moore. If only it were that simple.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm

So far, I've only missed one game this week.
Peggy, has anyone ever gotten all the picks correct for a week? lol2
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 8:53 pm

I finished dead last this week, but i didn't give up all that many points doing it. Still in second place and only a point back.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 am

Hodgepodge wrote:

You know the answer to that, smarty.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
So far, I've only missed one game this week.

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Hodgepodge wrote:

You know the answer to that, smarty.
Well I, along with Iwannablost, went 14-1 last week.
And, if Chicago could've hit a chip-shot FG, I would've gone 15-0. That's right! It would've been the second time I got all the picks right for a week. So take that. pfft
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:07 pm

The Cardinals didn't lay down and play dead last night. Glad to see that.
Jimmy G was on fire 28-37; 300+ yrds; 4TDs.
HRD, the 49ers are 8-0! pfft
Started this weeks picks on the plus side.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 5:38 pm

They might win me over yet, you guys. I'll try to make it a point to catch one of their upcoming marquee matchups. Maybe i can see them face Seattle, that oughta give me a good idea of what they're of, and the first of those matchups is less than two weeks away, an MNF game on Armistice Day.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 6:42 pm

They might win me over yet, you guys. I'll try to make it a point to catch one of their upcoming marquee matchups. Maybe i can see them face Seattle, that oughta give me a good idea of what they're of, and the first of those matchups is less than two weeks away, an MNF game on Armistice Day.
Yeah, I'm totally sold on them.
They've got a great "D", and the Offense isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 pm

I pickup a couple of games on Peggy last week, then give it back this week. omg
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 2:09 pm

San Francisco will be hosting Seattle for this Monday Night's game. This is the kind of test game i've been hoping to get to see. Hopefully it's a good enough game that i don't fall asleep.

6 teams have byes this week: NE, JAX, Houston, Denver, DC, and the Eagles. An underdog already won one game, and there are 7 more games where the underdog is drawing at least 15% of the pick'em action, 4 of those are drawing over 25%, and 3 of those are drawing over 35%; plus there's no line for the Chiefs-Titans game, which is in Nashville.

This could be a critical week for our league.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

After missing that week of picks, I decided to try and at least catch Peggy Sawyer.
That possibility ended with this weeks picks. I got 3 right. That's right, 3! HMoG.  omg
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm

We had almost the exact same picks down the line, Hodge. I finished in second-to-last place with 4 points and slid 2 spots to 4th overall. Very bad week for us. Freakin Marshall2u had EIGHT! Two points more than second place finisher Peggy Sawyer.

gross
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Madman was amazing to get eight right, and IWBL had an average week but good enough to keep rolling along. I gained a couple thanks to pathetic performances by you two. Wish I'd stuck to my Atlanta pick (thought they'd give it their all against NO and they did) but burned too many times this year to take the chance. Still seeing an unusual amount of upsets for so late in the season.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm

We had almost the exact same picks down the line, Hodge. I finished in second-to-last place with 4 points and slid 2 spots to 4th overall. Very bad week for us. Freakin Marshall2u had EIGHT! Two points more than second place finisher Peggy Sawyer.

gross

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Madman was amazing to get eight right, and IWBL had an average week but good enough to keep rolling along. I gained a couple thanks to pathetic performances by you two. Wish I'd stuck to my Atlanta pick (thought they'd give it their all against NO and they did) but burned too many times this year to take the chance. Still seeing an unusual amount of upsets for so late in the season.
Yeah, how do you pick 8 winners in a week with all those upsets? dunno

I'm hoping this week proves to be a lot more positive.
That begins with tonight's game: Browns vs. Steelers
I heard, the Steelers RB (Connor) will be starting. He's missed the last couple of weeks with a shoulder injury.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 6:06 pm

OMG LMAO We all were wrong on yet ANOTHER Thursday Night pick, but this time it was because every single one of us picked the underdog. Unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 9:32 am

It is nuts. But then I don't understand why Pittsburgh was the underdog. Cleveland hasn't proven anything this year. And yet, they won (losing a couple players for the season in the fracas).

NFL gets more and more unpredictable. It keeps the pick 'ems fun every year. How someone like iwbl can be in consistent contention for the top, time and again, is a mystery.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 4:40 pm

The Browns have had mixed results this year, but they had just beaten Buffalo in Cleveland, and the week before that, they'd played reasonably well in Denver. The Steelers have also been inconsistent but had just won 4 in a row, and have had QB issues. With Cleveland at home, i felt like a -2.5 seemed like a fair line, and i'm less surprised by the fact that the Steelers lost than by how and lost and that we all (or, well, every who remembered to pick, anyway) picked them.

I wonder if anybody's compiled the records for how many favorites have won vs. how many underdogs, and i'd be almost just as interested to know those stats against the game-time spreads.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 5:49 am

Super lousy week for me. It's what I get for being so smart after one rare good week. But honestly, I have never seen so many upsets so late in a season since we started playing this thing. It's truly beginning to feel like a new era in football (although my team keeps awkwardly winning). Parity has blossomed, kicking has wilted, the young play like veterans, the option has become legitimate at the NFL level, and...our illustrious host Spidey is back on top after a bit of a recession! Good job, Spidey!
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Only two players outscored you by more than a point, and one of those is last place Hodge. I know you're tied with Marshall for second-to-last place, but you're still only 6 points out of first place, with 6 weeks plus playoffs to go. It's respectable at least.

And personally, i'm glad that Hodge got to win a week. Hodge my friend, the average points scored on the week you forgot to pick was just a smidgen over 8. The week Marshall forgot to pick, the average was 10.5. If we gave you 9 points, you'd still be all alone in last place. If we gave Marshall 10, he'd have a 4 point lead on Spidey and 5 points on IWBL, Jonny_C, and myself. I understand that relative ranking position can affect the way a player picks, but still...

We have a one-point difference separating the top 4, and a one-point difference separating 5-8. Granted there's a 4-point gap between those groups. I still feel like almost anything could happen.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
...NFL gets more and more unpredictable. It keeps the pick 'ems fun every year. How someone like iwbl can be in consistent contention for the top, time and again, is a mystery.
IIRC, she told me a story many seasons ago explaining why she's so good at this game.

The most innocuous portion of the story goes into details about her fantasy-football life. I wish I knew for sure she told me about the other aspect of her knowledge. If I remember, I'm going to send her an email verifying what she told me. And, if she'd post this portion of the story.  Surprised

Only two players outscored you by more than a point, and one of those is last place Hodge. I know you're tied with Marshall for second-to-last place, but you're still only 6 points out of first place, with 6 weeks plus playoffs to go. It's respectable at least...
I'm trying with all my might to catch Peggy before the end of the year. That's going to be my saving grace.  :goof:

...And personally, i'm glad that Hodge got to win a week. Hodge my friend, the average points scored on the week you forgot to pick was just a smidgen over 8. The week Marshall forgot to pick, the average was 10.5. If we gave you 9 points, you'd still be all alone in last place. If we gave Marshall 10, he'd have a 4 point lead on Spidey and 5 points on IWBL, Jonny_C, and myself. I understand that relative ranking position can affect the way a player picks, but still...
Thanks buddy!  hug4

I didn't realize I won until I got back into town. I've been flying back-and-forth to New Orleans for the past month to see TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge). There's a good chance we're going to be moving in the not so distant future. Psychologically, Kriss can't live in SoCal any longer. The idea of fire has gone so deep into her psyche, her Psychologist has made this recommendation.

I don't see "US" moving to New Orleans, I'm pushing for NoCal. At least there, we'd be close to the kids and grandchildren.  

...We have a one-point difference separating the top 4, and a one-point difference separating 5-8. Granted there's a 4-point gap between those groups. I still feel like almost anything could happen.
The closeness of the season makes it more fun to play. Strategy, will be high for you all.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Before the close of tonight's game, our collective league record on TNF so far this year:

W: 46
L: 51
No pick: 3

8 wins Pats hosting Giants; 9 wins Vikings hosting Redskins, -16 was the game time spread; 9 wins 49ers hosting Cardinals, -10 points at game time.

So other than those gimmes, 20-51 with 2 abstaining in 8 games.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 pm

I'm just trying to say...

if Hodge picks up a point today, and it's only the first step in his diabolical plan to get us all imagining we're competing with each other while he storms the boards to come back from the cellar and win the big prize by a point. Or if his bid is spoiled by Marshall or IWBL, i just want everybody who's NOT Hodge to realize we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Aaahh, shit, well there goes another theory.

Sorry to disappoint, Hodge, but i admire the strategic choice, at least you're still trying.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 5:24 pm

I'm just trying to say...

if Hodge picks up a point today, and it's only the first step in his diabolical plan to get us all imagining we're competing with each other while he storms the boards to come back from the cellar and win the big prize by a point. Or if his bid is spoiled by Marshall or IWBL, i just want everybody who's NOT Hodge to realize we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
HRD, what a devious mind you have. :goof:

No way can I win this thing after missing a complete week. But, you do make a point. I'm not going down without a fight.
As I mentioned in a previous post, my "white whale" is Peggy Sawyer. Truly, that's who I trying to catch and pass. thinking

Speaking of Peggy. We have the ultimate meeting this Sunday in Foxborough. The Dallas Cowboys come to town for the game of the season.
The #1 Offense vs. the #1 Defense. One of the Teams will be a liar comes Sunday night.

Speaking of Sunday games. Does it get any better than:

1. Seahawks vs. Eagles (Oh TBC!)
2. Packers vs. 49ers
3. Ravens vs. Rams, and the one I mentioned earlier
4. Cowboys vs. Patriots (Oh Peggy!)
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 6:04 am

That's right--this is our week to dance, isn't it? Well, you may be interested to hear Tom Brady is listed as questionable this week, with an elbow. He'll play, of course, and I'm guessing better than he has in weeks, as he is usually motivated by these little challenges. At the moment, my dream of AB rejoining the team is reported to be just that, a dream, which I think is a waste. When a team will do anything to avoid a distraction, avoiding a distraction becomes a distraction, if you know what I mean. Lots of miscellaneous injuries on the team, but we don't bring the NFC to town to make excuses. I fully expect the Pats to act like the Pats in this game, and grind your team to dust.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 pm

The Patriots have already amply demonstrated that they are about the best team in the NFL  for consistently showing up at kick-off with a game plan and executing it regardless of whatever is happening off the field.

Quote :

2. Packers vs. 49ers

The Seahawks and Niners are coming off a Monday Night barroom brawl at Levi's. Following that clash the Seahawks had their bye week while the Niners barely survived Kyler Murray and the Cardinals.

Note to keep in mind: The Seahawks are a perfect 5-0 on the road so far this season and the only teams with winning records that the Niners have beat this year are the Panthers who have fallen to 5-5 since then, and the Rams who are 6-4. Upcoming on the slate for the Niners following GB are @New Orleans, @Baltimore, Rams, Falcons and @ Seattle. I don't know about you but I am seeing the second wild card spot in that and opening the post season at Lambeau.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
That's right--this is our week to dance, isn't it? Well, you may be interested to hear Tom Brady is listed as questionable this week, with an elbow. He'll play, of course, and I'm guessing better than he has in weeks, as he is usually motivated by these little challenges. At the moment, my dream of AB rejoining the team is reported to be just that, a dream, which I think is a waste. When a team will do anything to avoid a distraction, avoiding a distraction becomes a distraction, if you know what I mean. Lots of miscellaneous injuries on the team, but we don't bring the NFC to town to make excuses. I fully expect the Pats to act like the Pats in this game, and grind your team to dust.
What, was Giselle knawing on his elbow one night and "it" became sore? Lucky bastard! Of course he's going to play. I wouldn't expect anything less. Now, he even has an excuse when we beat his arse Sunday afternoon.  pfft

Heard yesterday, LVE won't be on the field Sunday. But, with Sean Lee taking his place, we shouldn't miss him that much.  pfft  

TBC wrote:
Quote :

2. Packers vs. 49ers

The Seahawks and Niners are coming off a Monday Night barroom brawl at Levi's. Following that clash the Seahawks had their bye week while the Niners barely survived Kyler Murray and the Cardinals.

Note to keep in mind: The Seahawks are a perfect 5-0 on the road so far this season and the only teams with winning records that the Niners have beat this year are the Panthers who have fallen to 5-5 since then, and the Rams who are 6-4. Upcoming on the slate for the Niners following GB are @New Orleans, @Baltimore, Rams, Falcons and @ Seattle. I don't know about you but I am seeing the second wild card spot in that and opening the post season at Lambeau.
Well, I'm going with you and the Seahawks, TBC.
Better hope they win. I know where you live. ninja
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019   NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL Pro Football Pick 'ems 2019
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next