AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inUnder the Dome - Page 4 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 4 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 4 Empty 
gin (20877)
Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 4 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 4 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Under the Dome

Go down 
+6
Iggy
ExpletiveDeleted
gin
JJ
blondie
iwantmycrayons
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
gin

Under the Dome - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am

if you havent- read King's letter to the fans a page or two back.
basically he says: people get upset because "the movie is changing the book" - he quotes another author who says, that is not true - the book is still there on your book shelf ready to be enjoyed any time you want.

this is a movie based on the concept - there will be changes. and imo - this is a good thing... we get a second story of what could have happened in the dome - we get two stories in one!

I liked this week's episode yay 
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 am

Also its a TV show not a movie, so they have to change the story so that it can last over at least 2 seasons... but some of the acting is pretty bad so I dunno if it will make past 2 seasons...

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:57 am

desi wrote:
Also its a TV show not a movie, so they have to change the story so that it can last over at least 2 seasons... but some of the acting is pretty bad so I dunno if it will make past 2 seasons...
I can't see this being dragged oput for more than the 13 episodes they originally planned, how many friggin things can you do in a fishbowl before it becomes rpetitive
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 am

desi wrote:

I think this is a one time mini-series
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I say it ends with all the cast voting for one person who played the game the best......wait that's a different fishbowl
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:07 pm

It is not a mini series... it may only get one season, but it is not a mini-series it would say that and would advertise as a mini-series if that's what it is... the dome is suppose to be around the town for months... that can easily be shown in 2 seasons, especially when the show plays in the off season

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:17 pm

The guy from TV line interviewed some of the cast, who talked about the season finale and the cliff hanger..

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:19 pm

i believe the book itself spanned only a week - and that was a monster of a week considering all that happened.
so i can see them taking it into a season 2. they'll have to uncheese it a bit to keep the viewers.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 pm

that means i'll have til the end of next summer to finish the doorstop yay 
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Yea I think it will get a second season for sure, in the interview the red head girl says she has already received and outline of what the second season will be like...

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:34 pm

still don't see how this can last for two seasons, they will drag it out and lose the audience.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm

oh probably tongue

but the romance between barbie and whatshername is just starting and people love that
really only 13 things can happen per season - that's not that much. last week it was a flu. this week a missile...week before a fire.  they could keep it going.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 pm

gin wrote:
oh probably tongue

but the romance between barbie and whatshername is just starting and people love that
really only 13 things can happen per season - that's not that much. last week it was a flu. this week a missile...week before a fire.  they could keep it going.
yawn  you can only drag out a story about a group of people trapped somewhere with no rescue for........6 seasons, and that's if you add in a bunch of worthless info that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual story and you elect to not explain half of the nonsense you filmed
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm

I've changed my mind, it will end when a tornado full of sharks breaks through the dome and everyone except barbie and the ginger gets eaten
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't think the acting is good enough.. Barbie and the redhead (from Student Bodies!!!) and the 2 kids are the best actors.. everyone else is pretty bad..

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

yea they could of got some better actors....the dude that plays barbie is the dude from Bates Motel and he's always been good...other than that...no so good...
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Tara reid and Ian Zeiring will help out in season two
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't think its good enough for more than one season. I'm mostly interested because its SK. smilingnerd 

But then again, I'm usually disappointed in SK non-books - TV, movie, whatever.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:22 pm

King's movies and the writing is what makes the acting poor. i think they try to act/ say verbatum what happens and is said in the books - and sometimes it doesnt work out that way.  but ya - they def all look like actors (Barbie is pretty good) acting. nothign more.  Rachelle Lefevre (the ginger) is much better in the other things i've seen her in, therefore i can only assume it's how its being written
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Or just bad casting... I have seen the councilman (the bald guy) in other stuff and he was much better.. its almost like the actors are unsure about the characters so they don't come off believable... I think maybe once we know for sure what all the propane and stuff is about and the characters open up more the actors will be able to better portray their characters....

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm really bored with this show. I don't care what happens to these people.

But, the premise is interesting. I think SK usually does have some interesting ideas.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:11 pm

ladycolleen wrote:

But, the premise is interesting. I think SK usually does have some interesting ideas.
This made me chuckle!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:16 pm

ladycolleen wrote:

That's really the only reason I watch.. I just really want to know what the dome is.. at this point im leaning towards it being a natural occurrence of some sort... kinda like in that movie where everyone kills themselves.. and it ends up being from the earth releasing some weird chemical that caused people to kill themselves.. kinda mother natures way of cleansing itself...

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:13 pm

I don't think it should have a second season, it is gonna get pretty boring

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Ez wrote:
it's kinda like locking everyone up in a house with no contact with the outside world and then watching what happens, you can only do it for short periods of time
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:06 pm

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
it's kinda like locking everyone up in a house with no contact with the outside world and then watching what happens, you can only do it for short periods of time

But at least they change the people every year.

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:56 pm

gin wrote:
if you havent- read King's letter to the fans a page or two back.
basically he says:  people get upset because "the movie is  changing the book" - he quotes another author who says, that is not true - the book is still there on your book shelf ready to be enjoyed any time you want.

this is a movie based on the concept - there will be changes. and imo - this is a good thing... we get a second story of what could have happened in the dome - we get two stories in one!

I liked this week's episode yay 
smile I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I think certain story ideas can not last for long periods of time. This is one of them. Another good example was Last Resort. Both of these shows have circumstances that HAVE to be resolved in a timely manner. If answers and/or resolutions are not reached in reasonable time people will eventually conclude that the stories will NEVER be resolved and give up. Some things just can't be stretched out indefinitely.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:25 pm

EZ, I agree with what you wrote on page 8.

I am trying to keep an open mind, but it is difficult.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 pm

desi wrote:
Or just bad casting... I have seen the councilman (the bald guy) in other stuff and he was much better.. its almost like the actors are unsure about the characters so they don't come off believable... I think maybe once we know for sure what all the propane and stuff is about and the characters open up more the actors will be able to better portray their characters....

He's Uncle Hank on Breaking Bad!

I love the show. This coming from the person who read the book and truly disliked it at first. I don't know how long they can stretch it, I don't think they should try to stretch it very far, but so far, I'm enjoying it...and honestly, I'm all for a better ending. (I just hope it ends!)
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:01 am

JJ wrote:
desi wrote:

He's Uncle Hank on Breaking Bad!

I love the show. This coming from the person who read the book and truly disliked it at first. I don't know how long they can stretch it, I don't think they should try to stretch it very far, but so far, I'm enjoying it...and honestly, I'm all for a better ending. (I just hope it ends!)
 JJ, I have never seen Breaking Bad, but from what I have read, casting him as Big Jim, was pretty much spot on.    

I liked the book, a lot.

And I find it hard to forget, that the show and book are going to be different, but I am trying.    

I, like you, hope for a better ending.    

I did not like the ending of the book.

lol, I feel like the folks on FB ABC who have read TWD. I want to complain, but I don't want to say to much, as to not spoil the show, for people who have not read the book.

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 pm

One thing bugged me about this last eppy. Linda made a fuss about preventing people from touching the dome (especially with electronics) and then proceeded to walk up and make out with the dome/boyfriend. In front of everyone. How very hypocritical. And he had a tablet that he held close to the dome and she wasn't at all concerned.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:15 am

Goof wrote:
One thing bugged me about this last eppy. Linda made a fuss about preventing people from touching the dome (especially with electronics) and then proceeded to walk up and make out with the dome/boyfriend. In front of everyone. How very hypocritical. And he had a tablet that he held close to the dome and she wasn't at all concerned.
Goof, I agree with you. The Dome, did cause, Sheriff Yummy Pants, (aka Jeff Fahey) pace maker to explode. You would think that, other electronic and/or magnetic devices to fail as well. I know this show, is not like the book. I am going to suspend beliefs, as I did during LOST. Does it bug me? Hell yeah. 36  But, I will suspend belief, in order to kinda watch the show.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 am

i agree Goof - i was pretty internally miffed about that too tongue 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:50 am

nitpickers picking nits
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 am

during the last epi, I was wondering why they are still allowed to drive? since they know that no air is getting in or out (at least not in any substantial quantity), shouldn't they be more concerned about the emissions?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am

blondie wrote:
during the last epi, I was wondering why they are still allowed to drive?  since they know that no air is getting in or out (at least not in any substantial quantity), shouldn't they be more concerned about the emissions?  
more nits tongue 
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:30 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
during the last epi, I was wondering why they are still allowed to drive?  since they know that no air is getting in or out (at least not in any substantial quantity), shouldn't they be more concerned about the emissions?  
more nits tongue 

its a valid question! lol 
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 am

I agree about Linda, and made the same comment to Derek... and I was just waiting for him to touch the dome while he was holding the device.. but I imagine he knows not to touch it while holding electronics... and Linda did take off all her electronic stuff before going up to the dome...

After the house fire they were worried the smoke would stay in the dome and affect the air, but it didn't seem too...

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:54 am

there are other issues too - like when Jim was chatting with Reverand at the dome about to kill him, the trees were rustling in the breeze. there shouldnt be a breeze at all.

and ya Blondie - didnt they keep driving in the books too? i thought that was also dumb considering the miniscule amount of fresh air coming in
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Good posted a thing awhile back that listed the characteristics we know about the dome already.. one of the was that climate change cannot affect the inside of the dome, that is what made me think that the missile would do nothing to the dome...

it also said that the Dome create it own ecosystem... there is more that enough trees and vegetation within the Dome to produce the fresh air the people need, since there is really not that many people... so it off sets the little bit of carbon dioxide produced by the couple of cars that still drive... I also think if anything the dome absorbs all the bad shit and slowly leaks it out the other side, like how the water came through it

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 pm

What Goof posted werent "facts" though i dont think - that was just something someone posted- speculation.

In terms of the book - yes it was livable - for a time - but certainly not forever.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 pm

gin wrote:
What Goof posted werent "facts" though i dont think - that was just something someone posted- speculation.

In terms of the book - yes it was livable - for a time - but certainly not forever.

yeah, I don't think it had its own atmosphere - the smoke and smog built up and actually smeared the dome.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:52 pm

and those with asthma had a bad time.
its basically a story about global warming. Rob would love it paper
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 pm

when did it smear on the dome?? you mean when the missile hit cause that was one the outside wasn't it...

I think it might have something to do with global Warming as well.. but IMO the dome is designed to protect whatever is inside.. which makes me think that it capable of cleansing itself and creating its own ecosystem... weren't there like clouds forming on the inside of the dome in the last episode??

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 pm

i dont want to say anything because you havent read the book - you may be forming an idea that i dont want to spoil.

as for the clouds - if it was just seen then i'd say that was only because the budget is too small to actually prevent clouds in the shots...(like the trees that were rustling loudly in the wind)
but if they mentioned clouds inside, i dont recall
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:15 pm

sorry Des - I guess we're still comparing differences in the book vs. show

the book pretty much gave them a finite amount of time that they could survive
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Well I was just browsing through the pictures from next weeks episode which will focus on how they are going to survive without water...

Under the Dome - Page 4 103337_d0172b

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Yea, I don't want to spoil the non-book readers either, but I don't recall clouds forming inside the dome, if I remember right, it is a few degrees cooler or hotter inside the dome, and moisture can seep through it, just not a lot.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Dome
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next