AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inUnder the Dome - Page 5 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 5 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 5 Empty 
gin (20877)
Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 5 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 5 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Under the Dome

Go down 
+6
Iggy
ExpletiveDeleted
gin
JJ
blondie
iwantmycrayons
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
gin

Under the Dome - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:18 pm

yes EZ - i believe it was hotter inside.

and they did show us the moisture coming through the dome a few epi's back that it is somewhat porous
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:21 pm

The letter gin posted stated that the dome is too last for months and the what the dome is and what its purpose is will not be the same as the book either

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

I think the only thing you guys could spoil when talking about what happens in the book is what happens with th characters, other than that I really don't think the show is going to be much like the book.. its just the same idea

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Good, hopefully they completely change the ending

Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:30 pm

I think they well and I think that everything on the thing that Goof post does apply to the show and the Dome is ALIVE!!!

mwaahahaa

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I don't think it is alive.

Last edited by Ez on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:33 pm

lol2  that would be a pretty cool story actually Des! 
and considering how the outside world looked like a wasteland after the MOAB it does kinda make some sense.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:39 pm

hehe I think the dome is going to take good care of the people in there.. I am also hoping that it observes and punishes people..

The main reason I am leaning towards it being alive is the people who have had the seizures.. especially the kids... the Dome is clear sending out signals of some sort...

is the pink stars falling thing in the book aswell??

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes, it is in the book

Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:48 pm

hmmm interesting... is it caused by humans in the book?

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 pm

desi wrote:
HEYYYYYY!!!! no cheating, buy the doorstop of a book and spend 3 years reading it like I have!!!!! tongue 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 pm

desi wrote:

I'm not saying.Cool 

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
HEYYYYYY!!!! no cheating, buy the doorstop of a book and spend 3 years reading it like I have!!!!! tongue 

Only took me a month.coffee 

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:

Only took me a month.coffee 
I probably could have done it faster if i wanted to, but i read it on my way home from the cape, it's hard to read while you're driving tongue 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Slacker.Cool 

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Ez wrote:
Slacker.Cool 
If I lived in texas i could have just tied a rope to the steering wheel and breezed thru it, here in new england we have curves in the road, it's in my best interest to at least glimpse up once in awhile
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm

lol

Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 pm

HEY!! Spoilers are a choice.. its not cheating sbob

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:33 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
nitpickers picking nits

32 I can't help myself. It's so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:50 pm

I do think the vegetation should be able to clean up the air and provide breathing air to some degree. But I can't help but imagine that if I were there I would be hopping up and down about the need to coordinate and conserve the fuels for emergency use (and hospital generators) only. Also conserving food and water and such. Hunker down for a long haul just in case it does last forever.

As for the wind, given the size and area of the dome I would assume it COULD develop it's own flow of heat, air and moisture to a limited degree. I can totally understand it being hotter in the dome. Just think of how hot it gets in a car on a sunny day or a giant magnifying glass. Otherwise there is just no controlling the weather for filming so what we see won't fit the story very well. That's something we just have to ignore.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 pm

It was cooler inside the dome.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:55 am

oh was it? i cant remember tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

gin wrote:
oh was it? i cant remember tongue
i thought it got warmer inside the dome, I rmember reding that they were looking at the general outside the dome and he had a jacket on and they didn't need one inside, that the temps were 10 degrees warmer.

of course I haven't finished the boat anchor yet, maybe it did get cooler eventually
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

oh yes you're right - i remember that part too
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:25 pm

It may have well been warmer, I have forgotten a lot of details.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 pm

it was warmer in the dome.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:21 am

yeah i read that again yesterday, officially more than halfway through the damn book, I'm gonna make it,i honestly think i'll be done before the series ends, well especially if they decide to grab more money and drag it out for 2 seasons
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

UNDER THE DOME, television's #1 summer series in viewers and key demographics, will return in summer 2014 with 13 new episodes, it was announced today by Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.

Stephen King, whose bestselling novel is the basis for the series, will write the premiere episode of the second season.

"We're excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester's Mill, and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season," said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:18 pm

cool!

#1 bestseller? judgy1 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:22 pm

that tears it, i'm puttin the book on the shelf til next summer, don't want to get too far ahead of the show tongue 
even though the show was apparently based on a completely different story than the one I'm reading
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Yea, I recognize a few characters and the town, the Dome is the same I think, but other than that, completely different.

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:47 pm

gin wrote:
cool!

#1 bestseller? judgy1 

the only one who didn't like it was you sbob 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:20 pm

I did not like the ending of the book. 36 

I guess, I could try and pay more attention to the show. lol

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:19 am

Cool  Time for some minor detail nit picking. (because its fun for me)  I wonder where the trucker was going.  It's not like he really would have had anything to deliver at this point after several days.  He can't leave town to go get supplies to haul around.  I can imagine the writers discussing how to take out the water tower.

"How do we create the frenzy over lack of water in a way that is obvious to everyone?"

"How about we break down a water tower so the whole town can look at it and know their water supply is compromised."

"Yeah yeah!  Lets have a car drive into it because some idiot stumbles into the road causing the car to swerve."

"But the water tower is too tall for a car to do much, we need something heavier duty like a big moving truck. It'll be more dramatic and stuff."

"But why would some one in a giant bubble bother driving a moving truck around?  What could he be hauling?"

"Meh don't worry about that, it doesn't matter.  Remember the audience is mostly people who watch stupid things like Jersey Shore, ridiculous shark movies and Justin Beiber.  They won't notice a damn thing."

"But aren't at least half the viewers LOST fans?  Jack Bender is on the team after all."

"Um....lets just hope they're too busy nitpicking how windy it is."

lol2
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 am

I really don't understand what the purpose of the guys beating Rose with a bat and the almost rape of Angie.. are they just trying to emphasis how horrible the human race is... that human nature is to kill and rape in at time of need rather than pull together and get through it.....

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 am

desi wrote:
I really don't understand what the purpose of the guys beating Rose with a bat and the almost rape of Angie.. are they just trying to emphasis how horrible the human race is... that human nature is to kill and rape in at time of need rather than pull together and get through it.....
it shows how some people react to adversity and panic inducing situations, how most of the people step up to the plate and become better in those situations, there are always a few that go the other way
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 am

ohh and violence gets people to watch, like it or not
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:59 am

still unnecessary IMO

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 am

desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO
not if they want people to watch, shows have violence in them to get people to watch, is it any different than the violence in Spartacus or game of Thrones or True Blood??
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:04 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO
not if they want people to watch,  shows have violence in them to get people to watch, is it  any different than the violence in Spartacus or game of Thrones or True Blood??

Yes it is very different.. for one Under the Dome is on a Network at 7:00pm True Blood and Games of Thrones are HBO.. cable channels with no rating limits... and Spartacus was Starz... and all 3 shows are rated 18A and are expected to have violence like that and take place in a situation where violence is expected and accepted...

Under the Dome is suppose to take place in our time.. there was absolutely no need to show that type of violence, especially towards women on Primetime TV during a time where women's rights are issue again and there is already a lot of discussion about the rape culture... I am prolly just being over sensitive... but something like that brings no value to a show like Under the Dome

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO
not if they want people to watch,  shows have violence in them to get people to watch, is it  any different than the violence in Spartacus or game of Thrones or True Blood??

Yes it is very different.. for one Under the Dome is on a Network at 7:00pm True Blood and Games of Thrones are HBO.. cable channels with no rating limits... and Spartacus was Starz... and all 3 shows are rated 18A and are expected to have violence like that and take place in a situation where violence is expected and accepted...

Under the Dome is suppose to take place in our time.. there was absolutely no need to show that type of violence, especially towards women on Primetime TV during a time where women's rights are issue again and there is already a lot of discussion about the rape culture... I am prolly just being over sensitive... but something like that brings no value to a show like Under the Dome

EVERY drama on TV has violence on network TV, to me it's just a part of what TV is

in the book Angie is dead in the first 100 pages and a girl is gang raped by the new "police deputies" within the first 6 chapters.

In America the show is shown at 10 PM, EST, not sure about the west coast but I imagine it's the same.

It would have been Ok if the person getting a beating with a bat was a man??
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO

EVERY drama on TV has violence on network TV, to me it's just a part of what TV is

in the book Angie is dead in the first 100 pages and a girl is gang raped by the new "police deputies" within the first 6 chapters.

In America the show is shown at 10 PM, EST, not sure about the west coast but I imagine it's the same.

The earliest I can watch Under the Dome here is 7:00pm...

I know it sounds horrible but yes... especially with what is going on in the world today... I know I am being over sensitive about it, but still Prime-time TV is some of the most influential TV out there and should be not just be used for entertainment, but to also help mold the expectations of society... it is one thing to have it the book, and it is one thing to have violence like that on a show that airs on HBO.. with a disclaimer non the less...

I think a scene like that was just tasteless and unnecessary for the show unless they are setting up the theme of rest of the show to be violence, violence and more violence and if that's the case I do no want to watch the show...

If LOST didn't need to have violence like that.. there is absolutely no reason this show does... It one thing to have humans go against each other and snap in a sense of self defence.. its another to show a human going out their way and taking advantage of situation like being stuck under the dome.. Barbie will find the other guy and kill him too probably.. but its nonsensical violence that adds no value to the show...

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO

The earliest I can watch Under the Dome here is 7:00pm...

I know it sounds horrible but yes... especially with what is going on in the world today... I know I am being over sensitive about it, but still Prime-time TV is some of the most influential TV out there and should be not just be used for entertainment, but to also help mold the expectations of society... it is one thing to have it the book, and it is one thing to have violence like that on a show that airs on HBO.. with a disclaimer non the less...

I think a scene like that was just tasteless and unnecessary for the show unless they are setting up the theme of rest of the show to be violence, violence and more violence and if that's the case I do no want to watch the show...

If LOST didn't need to have violence like that.. there is absolutely no reason this show does... It one thing to have humans go against each other and snap in a sense of self defence.. its another to show a human going out their way and taking advantage of situation like being stuck under the dome.. Barbie will find the other guy and kill him too probably.. but its nonsensical violence that adds no value to the show...
to me it's part of what happens in real life when people are trapped in a situation they can't get out of, some react well, some take advantage of the situation and become assholes, which is what the show is really about, how people react to a situation they cannot resolve under normal "acceptable" means, how society would break down when a few things we take for granted are removed from our lives.

violence is violence, the evening news has more violence every night than most shows. they glorify it more than shows do IMO, by choosing to show the bad in people rather than the good.

Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 pm

desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO

10pm here - I wonder why so early for you?

to be fair, SK's stuff usually involves some kind of violence.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Maybe I just hate being reminded that in that sort of situation human nature seems to be to hate and everyone for themselves... rather than the opposite lol

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

humans suck 32 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 pm

blondie wrote:
humans suck 32 
especially when under a dome, and on prime time Tv that they are trying to get people to watch
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:29 pm

another sigh
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm

desi wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
desi wrote:
still unnecessary IMO

Don't read the book then, that was a tame killing compared to some of the stuff in the book.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Dome
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next