AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inUnder the Dome - Page 6 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 6 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 6 Empty 
gin (20877)
Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 6 EmptyUnder the Dome - Page 6 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Under the Dome

Go down 
+6
Iggy
ExpletiveDeleted
gin
JJ
blondie
iwantmycrayons
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Goof

Goof

Under the Dome - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Sadly too true. Primarily it's the challenge of conflict we want to see but tv and movies just try to take that as far as they can go with it.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 am

Goof wrote:
Cool  Time for some minor detail nit picking. (because its fun for me)  I wonder where the trucker was going.  It's not like he really would have had anything to deliver at this point after several days.  He can't leave town to go get supplies to haul around.  I can imagine the writers discussing how to take out the water tower.

"How do we create the frenzy over lack of water in a way that is obvious to everyone?"

"How about we break down a water tower so the whole town can look at it and know their water supply is compromised."

"Yeah yeah!  Lets have a car drive into it because some idiot stumbles into the road causing the car to swerve."

"But the water tower is too tall for a car to do much, we need something heavier duty like a big moving truck. It'll be more dramatic and stuff."

"But why would some one in a giant bubble bother driving a moving truck around?  What could he be hauling?"

"Meh don't worry about that, it doesn't matter.  Remember the audience is mostly people who watch stupid things like Jersey Shore, ridiculous shark movies and Justin Beiber.  They won't notice a damn thing."

"But aren't at least half the viewers LOST fans?  Jack Bender is on the team after all."

"Um....lets just hope they're too busy nitpicking how windy it is."

lol2

lol  well done! it's like we were actually there!

i was pretty confused as to why the wife just let the wife walk into the road...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 am

desi wrote:
I really don't understand what the purpose of the guys beating Rose with a bat and the almost rape of Angie.. are they just trying to emphasis how horrible the human race is... that human nature is to kill and rape in at time of need rather than pull together and get through it.....

no this is simply typical Stephen King small town story fashion.
you have your good guy, and bad guys, and toss them all into a small town.  same as the bad guy farmer vs the bad guy Jim.
yawn 
hmm sounds like all of his small town books.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 am

gin wrote:
desi wrote:
I really don't understand what the purpose of the guys beating Rose with a bat and the almost rape of Angie.. are they just trying to emphasis how horrible the human race is... that human nature is to kill and rape in at time of need rather than pull together and get through it.....

no this is simply typical Stephen King small town story fashion.
you have your good guy, and bad guys, and toss them all into a small town.  same as the bad guy farmer vs the bad guy Jim.
yawn 
hmm sounds like all of his small town books.
picks being nitted

I suppose he could have had the dome cover Portland maine and have 35,000 good guys and bad guys, but wasn't the doorstop lonnnnnnng enough already?? tongue 
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:53 am

SO, other than the Dark Tower series, what SK books have you liked? lol 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am

as for the voilence against Angie. they are setting up those kids to be the "evil bad guys" so that Barbie can be the hero and kill them all. Or maybe Junior will be the hero in the end and take care of them.
Jim collecting her again... sigh.  and again yawn
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:56 am

they can't possibly make Junior a hero?!?!? :O
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am

blondie wrote:
they can't possibly make Junior a hero?!?!? :O
ohhh they can do whatever they want Stephen king wrote a letter :| 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 am

sure they can - he hasnt hurt Angie - just kidnapped her. but because he was "mentally anguished" and his dad is an ass, i feel we're being groomed to feel badly for him and he will redeem himself.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 am

King books - i've like everything that doesnt involve a small maine town coffee
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 am

gin wrote:
that's like 3/4's of his books!!!!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 am

gin wrote:
sure they can - he hasnt hurt Angie - just kidnapped her. but because he was "mentally anguished" and his dad is an ass, i feel we're being groomed to feel badly for him and he will redeem himself.
in season 4 right after they find a pyramid buried under the town that glows tongue 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 am

lol  they'll put a bit of everything in there! but hey that could work
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 am

and no thats not all of his stuff lol. I prefer his supernatural stuff

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 am

gin wrote:
and no thats not all of his stuff lol. I prefer his supernatural stuff

as long as it's not in a small Maine town
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 am

imo the following list includes the "small town" vibe i dont much like. the only exception  in terms of books i really liked is IT. The rest were pretty predictable for me.

'Salem's Lot
Bag of Bones
Black House
Carrie
Cell
Christine
Colorado Kid, The
Cujo
Cycle of the Werewolf
Dark Half, The
Dark Tower: Song of Susannah, The
Dark Tower, The
Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three, The
Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, The
Dark Tower: The Waste Lands, The
Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole, The
Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass, The
Dark Tower: Wolves of the Calla, The
Dead Zone, The
Desperation
Doctor Sleep
Dolores Claiborne
Dreamcatcher
Duma Key
Eyes of the Dragon, The
Firestarter
From A Buick 8
Gerald's Game
Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The
Green Mile: Coffey on the Mile, The
Green Mile: Coffey's Hands, The
Green Mile: Night Journey, The
Green Mile: The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix, The
Green Mile: The Complete Serial Novel, The
Green Mile: The Mouse on the Mile, The
Green Mile: The Two Dead Girls, The
Insomnia
IT
Joyland
Lisey's Story
Misery
Needful Things
Pet Sematary
Plant: Zenith Rising, The
Rose Madder
Shining, The
Stand, The
Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition, The
Talisman, The
Tommyknockers, The

Under the Dome
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 am

gin wrote:

which leaves out what exactly? tongue 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 am

i explained above sbob
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:39 pm

i hate sad scenes.

loved the song. it is Wait by M83 if anyone is interested

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:00 pm

okay WTF happened last night, just when you think you have a grasp on the characters...

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:33 pm

So, I re-watched as many past eppies as I could, (without comparing it to the book). Jim Rennie, pretty much same as the book, (only in the book, I got to read his thoughts), he is an asshole. Joe? Yep, innocent kid, loosing his innocence. Julia? Kinda sorta the same. Everyone else? Nope.

I have no freaken idea, what is going to happen, or how the characters are going to develop. Having read the book, I know what they are "supposed to do" but the show is not the book. The only one in the show, being close to the book is Big Jim Rennie, (asshole) and maybe the lady cop.

I am so confused. wah 

That said, I am enjoying these new character twists, to a point. I am not liking how Barbie, is being made out to be a killer/enforcer/bad guy.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 pm

I still like Barbie because he is Barbie, and I think he will go against the mystery lady and Big Jim, but I don't like the changes to him either. I do like the show though.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Ez wrote:
I still like Barbie because he is Barbie, and I think he will go against the mystery lady and Big Jim, but I don't like the changes to him either. I do like the show though.
I want to like him, and kinda do, but not like I did in the book. I am still willing to give the show more time. It has been picked up for S2, so I will have several months to mull over it. lol. IE: watch it on Netflix. lol

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:55 am

I think Barbie will be redeemed.  For the most part he's been a good guy, he just happens to have something questionable in his past.

At this point I don't think the cause of the dome is the same as it was in the book.  At least not the "why"
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:51 pm

blondie wrote:
I think Barbie will be redeemed.  For the most part he's been a good guy, he just happens to have something questionable in his past.

At this point I don't think the cause of the dome is the same as it was in the book.  At least not the "why"
I hope he will be redeemed.

I have no idea, where the writers are going with what caused the dome in the show. I agree with you, it cannot be the same reason it was in the book. Well, it could be, but it would require the show writers to say what it is, and make the air breathable in the dome.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 am

I just watched last weeks episode today. The show has really grown on me, i really enjoy it
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:14 pm

JJ, now that I quit comparing it to the book, I am enjoying it as well.

The fourth hand? I am hoping it is not Jr.

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 pm

77 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it was Jr. It was inevitable.

I'm glad Dodee is ok. How convenient that the shock she received erased her memory.

I'm glad that Barbie and Julia came to terms. I can't help but imagine her slapping Maxine hard and telling her "I don't blame Barbie for my husband being dead. I blame you." Because she's the bookie that enabled hubbies gambling addiction.

That was stupid of Maxines mom to jump out of the boat while handcuffed, only to end up proving big Jim right about how things end up working for him and his agenda. And DUH! He confessed to her earlier that he has no issues with killing people to do what he needs to do, and yet she's surprised he left her there? Especially after how much of a b*tch she was being?
Rolling Eyes 

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Goof, yep Jr. grrr, maybe he will stop being stupid. I can hope.

Oh, I would love for her to do that. I really dislike Maxine.

I thought she just fell, out and Big Jim decided not to save her. I am guessing she was Maxines insurance policy, if not now, Big Jim and Barbie, can search the house for that info. Not that I like those 2 teaming up.

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am

so did Maxine tell Julia about Barbie or did Barbie just confess to her to escape the inevitable? I think I dozed off for a minute and when I woke they were talking.

I don't think I missed anything else important.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Barbie confessed to Julia, but she had already guessed at what had really happened. She found a life insurance policy worth a million, her husbands missing gun, and a box full of bullets. The gun was empty, when he pulled it on Barbie. He wanted Barbie to kill him, committing suicide would have voided that life insurance policy.

Julia, kinda understands, and told him no more lies.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 am

I am starting to like this show a lot more than the book, as long as they change the ending.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

cause the book was awful? judgy1
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

i just watched this 12 hrs ago but cant recall what happened when/ if Jr touched the dome with the other 3? i was also dozing off
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

yes, he did touch the dome, I think that was pretty much the ending
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 pm

k and nothing happend?
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:50 pm

The egg turned off the light bulb in the barn and projected pink stars around them.

stache Amazing how everyone still seems to have so much electric and power long after the dome appeared even though they are not supposed to have any. What a waste of generator resources.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

ah yes thank you Goof!
yes i thought the same thing about the generator
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Goof wrote:
The egg turned off the light bulb in the barn and projected pink stars around them.

stache Amazing how everyone still seems to have so much electric and power long after the dome appeared even though they are not supposed to have any.  What a waste of generator resources.

oh yeah, that too

I watched it two days ago facepalm 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:52 pm

I rewatched it last night with my clone. She pointed out that Dodee my have had her memory erased when she was zapped, but she still might have the pictures of the mini dome on her phone.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

gin wrote:
cause the book was awful? judgy1
Just the ending.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:07 pm

the entire thing paper 

Goof ya - unless the big zap wiped out the phone and you'd think it would if it was that strong
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Goof wrote:
I rewatched it last night with my clone.  She pointed out that Dodee my have had her memory erased when she was zapped, but she still might have the pictures of the mini dome on her phone.
Good catch
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:19 am

EZ, me too. As long as it does not end like book did. We agree on that. It sucked.

That said, I liked the book, I did not like the ending, I thought it was a lame cop out.

I am hoping Dodees phone was fried, when she touched the mini dome. Just because the book is so different, and in the show the mini dome, is IMO vital. (There was no mini dome in the book. And I don't want Dodee to expose what the kids have found.

That town is in New England, Maine to be exact. Generators in homes are the norm. Generators using either gas or propane. And Chester Mills has an abundance of propane.

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 am

I just keep imagining that if I were there I would be raising a stink about conserving the fuels for keeping the clinic and maybe the radio station going.

lol2 In fact I'm having fun daydreaming about having a farm there next to Joe and Angies place. I'd want to have all sorts of ideas set up like cool rain water collection methods, a well, vegetable gardens, and solar panels. I would set up a kind of farmers market for distributing start up kits for everyone to start their own garden and water collection.

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Goof wrote:
I just keep imagining that if I were there I would be raising a stink about conserving the fuels for keeping the clinic and maybe the radio station going.

lol2 In fact I'm having fun daydreaming about having a farm there next to Joe and Angies place.  I'd want to have all sorts of ideas set up like cool rain water collection methods, a well, vegetable gardens, and solar panels.  I would set up a kind of farmers market for distributing start up kits for everyone to start their own garden and water collection.
lol, Goof in the show, that would be perfect, as the air seems to be ok.

I want solar panels now.

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:01 pm

I sure don't like that Max lady.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Me either

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the Dome   Under the Dome - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Under the Dome
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next